Dafey

Hotel near Narita airport, Tokyo

Dafey

Does anyone have experience with a basic hotel near the Narita airport in Tokyo. I've found a descent flight but can't get there early enough and would need to spend the night before to catch an early morning check in.

Looking for basic amenities. Clean, transportation to airport and hopefully not too expensive.

GBT62

I stayed at the Mercure Narita 4 or 5 years back.  Pretty basic, western-style (not a Japanese Ryokan) - might be a bit far if you need to go back to the airport in the morning really early before trains start. It's about 5 mins by train from the airport (only one or 2 stops)  - I arrived very late at night - taxi's were scarce and are ultra-expensive in Japan.  I did read on Tripadvisor/Agoda that they have an airport shuttle too.

https://www.agoda.com/mercure-hotel-narita/hotel/tokyo-jp.html?cid=-218

https://www.naritaairporthotel.com/mercure-hotel-narita-airport/

Plenty of local restaurants downstairs and around the block - rooms are typical Japanese smaller size ....

If there's a Red Planet in Narita - that'd be a good bet too - basic, cheap but clean.

image.png.8dcebad4fcbf0f84c0139b314faab6c9.png

• Like 1

hyaku

I stayed at the Tobu once. Listed at P4400 a night. Ten minutes from the airport. Thing is they have a free shuttle service. 

It's Japan not the Philippines. They are all clean! The one I stayed at in June was spotless. One of the things I miss about leaving home (Japan).

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1

Salty Dog

That's about $75 more than Dafey wants to pay… :biggrin_01:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Dafey

Yeah...was looking at the cubicle rooms but don't know if I can sneak my wife in a male dorm...:sad_01:...she can fit in a suitcase but can't guaranty she'll stay quiet!

hyaku
15 hours ago, Bama said:

10 closest hotels to Narita according to Tripadvisor.----most about $75-100/night (supposedly).

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/HotelsNear-g298184-qNRT-Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html

Sorry you have me lost on the dollar. I deal with yen and some of my pensions are in yen. You wont find much cheaper than the one I posted unless it's B&B (Chosho kutsuki) and not many of those around Narita. The free shuttle services make these hotels good deal. Just google hotels with this service. They are all tiny rooms by Western standard.  

• Like 1

Dafey
21 minutes ago, hyaku said:

Sorry you have me lost on the dollar. I deal with yen and some of my pensions are in yen. You wont find much cheaper than the one I posted unless it's B&B (Chosho kutsuki) and not many of those around Narita. The free shuttle services make these hotels good deal. Just google hotels with this service. They are all tiny rooms by Western standard.  

The free shuttle makes it worth it as taxis are expensive. Not worried about the size. Only one night and it will force asawa to get close to me ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

RedRanger

I was checking flight on American Airlines and Japan Airlines, Seems as if you land in Narita very soon you will have to transfer to HND airport which is about 35 miles away, to catch you next fight to PI from USA.

I hope they get this straighten out. 

GBT62
14 hours ago, RedRanger said:

I was checking flight on American Airlines and Japan Airlines, Seems as if you land in Narita very soon you will have to transfer to HND airport which is about 35 miles away, to catch you next fight to PI from USA.

I hope they get this straighten out. 

I'd really hope that isn't the case.  Narita is quite a way from Tokyo - Haneda is the other side of Tokyo, closer to Kawasaki where I used to work. They are 80km apart - a hour or more apart by bus or car or maybe NEX train if it goes to/past Haneda as well ...

image.png.8ca148741ff60e099305e027dff0ee20.png

jaybee747
22 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

I'd really hope that isn't the case.  Narita is quite a way from Tokyo - Haneda is the other side of Tokyo, closer to Kawasaki where I used to work. They are 80km apart - a hour or more apart by bus or car or maybe NEX train if it goes to/past Haneda as well ...

image.png.8ca148741ff60e099305e027dff0ee20.png

I done this route, they give you at least 4 hours to transfer between the two airports.

Headshot
3 hours ago, jaybee747 said:

I done this route, they give you at least 4 hours to transfer between the two airports.

Do you have to deal with baggage, or do they transfer your baggage between airports? This transfer has existed for several years. It isn't anything new. It is why I don't fly routes through Japan that have this transfer between airports. When booking a flight through Japan, always check the arrival and departure airports to make sure they are the same.

RedRanger
4 hours ago, Headshot said:

Do you have to deal with baggage, or do they transfer your baggage between airports? This transfer has existed for several years. It isn't anything new. It is why I don't fly routes through Japan that have this transfer between airports. When booking a flight through Japan, always check the arrival and departure airports to make sure they are the same.

It is new if you are flying American Airlines or Japan Airlines going from USA to PI.  You could always stay in Narita airport to transfer from AA to Japan Airlines

Headshot
2 hours ago, RedRanger said:

It is new if you are flying American Airlines or Japan Airlines going from USA to PI.  You could always stay in Narita airport to transfer from AA to Japan Airlines

I know. The airlines that do this change, but the transfer between the two airports has been going on for a while. That was why I cautioned everybody that if you are going to have a transfer between airlines in Japan, ALWAYS check the flight details to ensure that the arrival and departure airports are the same BEFORE you book. Otherwise, you will be in for a clusterfeck. Way too many things can go wrong in this scenario.

RedRanger
21 hours ago, Headshot said:

I know. The airlines that do this change, but the transfer between the two airports has been going on for a while. That was why I cautioned everybody that if you are going to have a transfer between airlines in Japan, ALWAYS check the flight details to ensure that the arrival and departure airports are the same BEFORE you book. Otherwise, you will be in for a clusterfeck. Way too many things can go wrong in this scenario.

American Airlines website points it out to you when booking a ticket. I am from Dallas Texas and AA seems to be the only airline I can take a direct flight from Dallas to Japan and then onto PI.