lamoe

Cebu Ocean Park Review

lamoe

Made separate thread so review wasn't missed thinking if was a continuation of the announcement of opening

First of all YES - has underground parking - guard was wrong :shocked: - parked at mall - did some food shopping after park

Got there at 10:20  - opens at 10not crowded - more did show up later

Cost - P992 instead of P1,200 :oldtimer:plus P100 to feed birds and P100 for refrigerator magnet - have until Nov 30 for return visit

Took  the 2 hours I expected including a 20 min 2  parrot show

They take a free pic before entering in front of green screen with several backdrops - available online - actually they took 6 - 1 of me alone, 3 of Tata  (don't blame them) and two of us together - if crowded probably only 1.

Pic taking is allowed - she / I was forced / took maybe 200

On 3 levels  - if on one would be very  tiny

1st floor small animal / fish exhibits 

2nd floor is main attractions (gater cage not open yet)  - need to go to 3 rd to get to 2nd :scratch_head:

Lorries (beautiful birds you can feed nectar - P100 for a tiny portion - (recommend diluting with water) that was fun - they aren't feed at night and will swamp you - I was only one to feed them

3 Rd floor - the main aquarium exhibits with a "pop up inside" tank  - everyone hits head on ceiling

Outside to ray tank and show area which is actually 2 nd floor  - for the 20 min show

then to the walk though tunnel - this was the best part of the place - very long and really good views - started to get congested

Then to back side of main tank - again very impressive -  that is if you've never seen Sea World Ca /Fl

Then into cafeteria - was impressed with ambiance and appearance of foods being prepared - not cheap but not Great America outrageous

Conclusion - the quality and construction  - very good for Cebu - she's been to the one in japan agreed BUT rather expensive for average worker here

P2,000 / P5,000 family of 4 depending on when (weekday vs end),  food eaten, souvenirs, etc.

Recommendation - kind of  - if you  don't expect a lot

Used her camera - have to resize every pic - too big

IMG_20190902_105730 (150x200).jpg

IMG_20190902_120556 (200x150).jpg

• Thanks 4

Bama
6 hours ago, lamoe said:

Cost - P992 instead of P1,200 :oldtimer:plus P100 to feed birds and P100 for refrigerator magnet - have until Nov 30 for return visit

Are you saying that you get to visit the park on two different days for the same money ??

Did a senior discount account for the 208 PHP savings?

Edited by Bama

lamoe
1 hour ago, Bama said:

Are you saying that you get to visit the park on two different days for the same money ??

Did a senior discount account for the 208 PHP savings?

Yes and yes

But, if you  buy ticket on weekday  - can only come back on weekday

Forgot to mention - they have a pool with "lily pads" in it. Pay to put feet in the water and little fish eat the dead skin on your foot.

Had the same  "treatment" in some nail salons in US but they weren't changing water between customers:sick:

HongKongPhooey

Good review. I was hoping this was like Ocean Park Hong Kong; with rides and stuff, similar to six flags in the US. If no roller coasters, seems like I could get a better, cheaper, similar experience if you load up the family taking a boat out with some snorkelling gear with no crowds.  It’s not like “ocean” access is lacking in the Philippines.

Edited by HongKongPhooey
  • Like 1