I want To be The First - Merry Christmas

liquido

liquido

Tis The Season...Advance Merry Christmas

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Administrator
Dafey

I forgot! Been home all day...going to the mall tomorrow to sing Christmas carols and shop for Halloween candy!

• Like 1
to_dave007

Nah..  If you really want to celebrate.. go to Jakarta..  4 story high Christmas tree in the mall..  made of Garfield dolls...  with all the very best traditional Christmas carols.. and shoppers with their hijab.  Seemed a bit surreal. 

Driving back from town this lunchtime with Winter Wonderland playing on the radio. 

Probably could have gone faster in a sleigh. 

• Haha 1
liquido

Swear to God I was in NCCC mall department store (local mall in Davao) and heard my first of the year Christmas song..I could not remember the name of the song..I started laughing while walking by a sales girl who gave me a funny look and i said this is so wrong...haha..Been here over 10 years as stated in other posts and still cannot get use to it...Since the chinese own all the malls  my theory is the chinese want to capitalize on profits as much as possible...

• Haha 1

The tradition of beginning the Christmas season activities in the ber months is certainly nothing new here.  I know that many families not only like the idea of music and decorations, but the whole idea of getting ready for the big day.  Some homes take weeks to just assemble and display the decorations. Then, the result of that hard effort is on display every day for a long while.  

• Like 2
liquido
13 hours ago, Jawny said:

The tradition of beginning the Christmas season activities in the ber months is certainly nothing new here.  I know that many families not only like the idea of music and decorations, but the whole idea of getting ready for the big day.  Some homes take weeks to just assemble and display the decorations. Then, the result of that hard effort is on display every day for a long while.  

From what I see its mainly the commericalism..not many locals can afford elaborate displays ..Its just wrong because making it such a long drown out affair, by the time the holiday gets here we feel good riddance but then it still lingers on after that..If it was a moral feeling I could understand...

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

I'm looking forward to the church blasting Xmas carols over the loudspeaker instead of the bells!

• Haha 2
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:05 AM, liquido said:

Swear to God I was in NCCC mall department store (local mall in Davao) and heard my first of the year Christmas song..I could not remember the name of the song..I started laughing while walking by a sales girl who gave me a funny look and i said this is so wrong...haha..Been here over 10 years as stated in other posts and still cannot get use to it...Since the chinese own all the malls  my theory is the chinese want to capitalize on profits as much as possible...

Liquedo-NCCC mall in Davao?I know one burned down awhile ago,is there a second one in Davao that I don't know of?Or did they rebuild it already?

liquido

4 hours ago, yeahright said:

Liquedo-NCCC mall in Davao?I know one burned down awhile ago,is there a second one in Davao that I don't know of?Or did they rebuild it already?

The one that burned is all torn down and is a vacant lot across from S&R..There are 3 others besides..The newly taken over Victoria Plaza was purchased by NCCC,there is another NCCC in China town and a new one in Buhangin...All within 30 mins of each other...

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

pauldouglas_1542386308_caribbean cruise.jpg

• Haha 2