David_LivinginTalisay

Cebu Ocean Park

David_LivinginTalisay
Posted (edited)

https://www.facebook.com/cebuoceanparkofficial/

Has anyone gone to the 'Soft Opening' of Cebu Ocean Park on Saturday August 24, , or since?

Cebu Ocean Park

August 17 at 1:24 PM · 

The wait is finally over. (Well, almost!)

We will begin our SOFT OPENING on August 24, Saturday. This means we don’t expect everything to run 100% smoothly as we are still getting ready for our grand opening day. (So please go easy on us as we perfect our guest experience🙏)

Some of our educational displays and activities are not quite ready, and we need our marine friends to settle in before you see them in their full glory. We will be slowly introducing them as time goes by. Due to overwhelming requests, we will indulge you in a sneak preview but really, the best is yet to come.

We will be open at 9 am, so please join us!
Help us get ready for our Grand Opening and be the first to experience Cebu Ocean Park! 🎉

🎟️ For more details about our soft opening tickets, visit www.cebuoceanpark.com/buy-tickets/

🎟️Soft opening tickets purchased from August 24, 2019 to September 30, 2019 may be used once more from October 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019. However, ticket is non transferable. Tickets bought on October 1, 2019 onwards is for one time use only.

🎟️ Original ticket or QR code must be presented on your second visit.

🎟️ Weekday tickets may only be re-used on a weekday. Weekend tickets may be re-used on a weekday or weekend.

🎟️ Not valid for discounted booked tours.

📨 For our grand opening announcement, follow us at @cebuoceanparkofficial and subscribe to our mailing list at bit.ly/COPSubscribe

image.thumb.png.596cb585cdfb076c0292434d3a5f4664.png

For now, tickets will only be available at our ticket counter during our soft opening. We will let everyone know once tickets are available on our website. Please stay tuned on our page for future announcements!

NOTE:

Soft opening tickets purchased from August 24, 2019 to September 30, 2019 may be used once more from October 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019. However, ticket is non transferable. Tickets bought on October 1, 2019 onwards is for one time use only. 
 Original ticket or QR code must be presented on your second visit.

Weekday tickets may only be re-used on a weekday. Weekend tickets may be re-used on a weekday or weekend.
 Not valid for discounted booked tours.

Edited by Dafey
Added Pricing for Soft Opening
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lamoe

Wonder if "local resident" means citizen?

If not then anything showing residential  address show work.

smokey

So you buy one get one.  Hummmmm i was reading there were different prices depending on your adventure 

• Thanks 1

Goetz1965

Why should I pay the full price when only a few things are available?

lamoe
1 hour ago, smokey said:

So you buy one get one.  Hummmmm i was reading there were different prices depending on your adventure 

made me look it up

https://sugbo.ph/2019/cebu-ocean-park/

Journey Experience – ₱600 on weekdays; ₱800 on weekends per head for adults and kids. Children below 2ft are free of charge.

Jungle Trek 

Creepy Critters 

Lorries

Seven Seas 

Stingray Interaction 

Oceanarium Journey 

Ampitheatre 

Main Tank Gallery

Sea Trek – ₱1,200

Crocodile Cage – ₱2,000

Fish spa – ₱100 per 20 mins.

Swim w/ the Sting ray – ₱1,000

Just now, Goetz1965 said:

Get to go back near end of November - if still open

David_LivinginTalisay
5 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

🎟️Soft opening tickets purchased from August 24, 2019 to September 30, 2019

may be used once more from October 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019

Buy a Soft Opening Ticket (up to Sept 30), and get to use it a 2nd time from October 1 to November 30, 2019.
Think I might consider a week-day Soft Opening Ticket for my Family.

Woolf
8 hours ago, lamoe said:

Wonder if "local resident" means citizen?

If not then anything showing residential  address show work.

I think  that a person on a tourist visa (temporary visitors visa) could have a hard time being accepted as a local resident

lamoe
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

I think  that a person on a tourist visa (temporary visitors visa) could have a hard time being accepted as a local resident

Agree

Had to go to Seaside today - figured I'd get our tickets for next week while there

1 NO Parking  - mall only

2. Across from mall - Mountain side- exit driver's license entrance  - same where Fuentes MyBus stops cross  - 2 streets  - have guard

3. Asked for  2 tickets  - talking to line guard  - went up to window "he's senior" guard said - "May I see I.D?" showed Phil driver's license   - P1,020 not P1,200

4. Opens at 10 during week - 1st show 11:30 then every 2 hours

5. Add-ons need to be paid inside

6. Had to get immediate refund - took 15 min - tickets must be used same day as purchased -  no sign indicating that - promo one until end of November

Going back probably on Monday - will write full review

RR3

Ocean Park in PI, middle of Coral Triangle where the variety of life found on Earth is greatest? Sounds crazy? Yes. No.

Empirical research in my tropical paradise resort town testify the tourists cannot swim, they are dragged out to see the sardine, turtles, younameit after a raft wearing life vests. Shame on adult people who cannot swim :showing-ass:

I prefer to jump out in my beach and see much more sea life than in some Ocean Park tank. No charge

• Like 1

lamoe
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RR3 said:

Empirical search in my tropical paradise resort town testify the tourists cannot swim, they are dragged out to see the sardine, turtles, younameit after a raft wearing life vests. Shame on adult people who cannot swim :showing-ass:

As far as not swinging  - many inner city kids of my generation never learned - same as ice skating - water / snow skiing - shame on adults who can't drive?

I don't mean here, I mean NYC and Chicago, where driving a car or motorcycle is not required due to fantastic public transportation or not having the money to take lessons / buy a car.

I can swim but prefer not to - getting older  - also developed a phobia derived from having  almost drowned twice -  so it's " wade in the water" for me.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

smokey
22 hours ago, lamoe said:

made me look it up

Get to go back near end of November - if still open

You pay 2000 to get in the cage with crock?  They should pay you 2000 if you make it out

• Haha 4

lamoe
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, smokey said:

You pay 2000 to get in the cage with crock?  They should pay you 2000 if you make it out

Disney had same sort of - swim with Sharks / String Rays - no cage -  at one of their water parks - free - but they were so well fed / tranked up? could step on one and they wouldn't react

Haven't gone yet - Monday  - waking her up at 6:30 to get there by 10 - will see if the park itself is worth the normal rice

At P1,020 for two trips probably worth it.

Edited by lamoe

to_dave007
8 hours ago, lamoe said:

Disney had same sort of - swim with Sharks / String Rays - no cage -  at one of their water parks - free - but they were so well fed / tranked up? could step on one and they wouldn't react

Haven't gone yet - Monday  - waking her up at 6:30 to get there by 10 - will see if the park itself is worth the normal rice

At P1,020 for two trips probably worth it.

didn't an alligator grab a kid at Disney in Orlando about 15 years ago..  near one of the hotels?

lamoe
47 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

didn't an alligator grab a kid at Disney in Orlando about 15 years ago..  near one of the hotels?

Yeah - within the last few years - Disney didn't have the amount of precautions for gaters.

Also Snowbirds ain't gonna know what they can do.

Headshot
2 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Actually, even though it may have happened 15 years ago too, it happened again just three years ago. We were there at that resort the very next week. The toddler was killed, and so was the gator (the next day). When parents are stupid enough to let their toddler play next to the water when there is a sign two feet away warning of alligators, this is the sort of thing that happens. Some people should never have children. Naturally, Disney gave the parents a huge settlement, so I'm sure they will have more children. Maybe next time they will keep heir child away from the water.