Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

Recommend cardioligist at Cebu Doctors or CHONG HUA HOSPITAL

Headshot

Glad to hear that you weren't having a heart attack. I once had a charlie horse in a muscle near my aortic arch that caused me so much pain that I was sure I was having a heart attack. The pain sent my blood pressure through the roof, and when I got to the ER, they were so convinced I was having a heart attack that they immediately put me on nitroglycerin, ran me through a battery of tests, kept me in the hospital overnight. After a while, they realized that my vital signs weren't acting like a heart attack, and they gave me a strong muscle relaxer. The muscle relaxer did its job, and the next day I was released from the hospital. I was relieved that it wasn't really a heart attack, but I was grateful for how seriously they took it when I first arrived.

• Like 2

Kreole

It turns out that I need a Rheumatologist since the tests for heart function came back +/- for my age.  If anyone has experience with a Rheumatologist, please reply here.  The pains have been ongoing for almost a month with little to no reprieve.  I went to a chiropractor who did a couple of crunches but nothing changed.  I did not expect much so I wasn't disappointed.  I just wanted to identify the source in my cervical / thoracic spine.  Now, I just hope a Rheumatologist can help relieve the pain and bring strength back to my left arm, which is affected.  I will opt for a temporary nerve block; anything short of cutting the nerves.  Thanks again for all of your interest and consideration.

Edited by Kreole

smokey
23 minutes ago, Kreole said:

It turns out that I need a Rheumatologist since the tests for heart function came back +/- for my age.  If anyone has experience with a Rheumatologist, please reply here.  The pains have been ongoing for almost a month with little to no reprieve.  I went to a chiropractor who did a couple of crunches but nothing changed.  I did not expect much so I wasn't disappointed.  I just wanted to identify the source in my cervical / thoracic spine.  Now, I just hope a Rheumatologist can help relieve the pain and bring strength back to my left arm, which is affected.  I will opt for a temporary nerve block; anything short of cutting the nerves.  Thanks again for all of your interest and consideration.

Did you try massage?  

liquido
2 hours ago, Kreole said:

If its in your budget and your physically able I would consider going to https://www.bumrungrad.com/en in Thailand..Its peace of mind and world class..When it comes to quality of life or life threatening I would make every effort to leave this place for those kind of medical issues.....

Kreole