Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

Recommend cardioligist at Cebu Doctors or CHONG HUA HOSPITAL

Kreole
Posted (edited)

I have  been have severe pain on my left upper body, shoulder and down my arm and blurry vision; all symptomatic of heart attacks or problems.  I just arrived in Cebu and hope to meet a competent cardiologist.  I appreciate any recommendations of doctors with whom you have personal experience of who have been recommended by someone who has.  Thanks ahead.

Edited by Kreole

Jawny

You need to go to an ER now.  If you are having a heart attack, you need to have that evaluated first.  Long term care can be provided by a competent cardiologist later.  I’d suggest going now!

• Like 3

savarity

Yes, just ER first. As far as a cardiologist at Cebu Doctor's Hospital, I went to Dr. Paul Timothy Dumdum before.

• Like 1

Headshot
Posted (edited)

I would recommend Dr. Jose Albert Mejia. He is an excellent cardiologist, and practices at both Chong Hua and Cebu Doctors Hospital. Definitely get to an emergency room first. Then, have them call Dr. Mejia.

Edited by Headshot

Headshot

Another cardiologist at CDUH is Dr. Edgar Tan. He is a US trained and licensed cardiologist.

Kreole
Posted (edited)

Thanks so much for your suggestions and I will act upon them asap. 

Edited by Kreole

Jawny

BTW, the cost of an admission to the ER is not especially costly.  That is, the admission and initial exam.  If an ECG or blood tests are required, then the bill begins to grow.  However, it is this initial assessment that gets the ball rolling.  Even an admission for overnight evaluation is not that costly.

Chung Hua has a cardiology center with all sorts of diagnostic procedures available....2d echo, stress test etc.

I've had the unpleasant experience of being told a cardiologist won’t accept foreigner patients.  This was in Ormoc city, so likely no issue in Cebu. 

RogerDuMond

Dr. Francisco Jr. L. Chio - Chong Hua

CardiacKid

Dr. Lerma Noval was my cardiologist for eight years. She has privileges at Cebu Doc and Chong Hua. She is the head of the Cardiology Department at Chong Hua. Chong Hua has equipment and staff that is comparable to the U.S. Chong Hua is the only hospital outside Manila that is certified by the IJACHO.  They have met the same standards as U.S. hospitals. Meanwhile, get to an E.R NOW. It won't get better if you wait.

enoonmai

Chong Hua lost JACHO certification in 2015, I believe. I had major surgery there, our child was born there. Probably the best of the lot in the region.

smokey

He should get checked out by doctor but keep open mind my leg and left shoulder were like that i was taking pain meds like candy.     Was a pinched nerve from middle back when i finally allowed myself to accept a pinched nerve could hurt that bad i got a massage at home and it hurt big time but actually got better after one month and i take daflon.    Not the supperlment but the med which is micro ground now 90% better.   If doctor dont do it try massage but not all massage the same this lady is what i call on the hard side

Headshot
14 hours ago, CardiacKid said:

Dr. Lerma Noval was my cardiologist for eight years. She has privileges at Cebu Doc and Chong Hua. She is the head of the Cardiology Department at Chong Hua. Chong Hua has equipment and staff that is comparable to the U.S. Chong Hua is the only hospital outside Manila that is certified by the IJACHO.  They have met the same standards as U.S. hospitals. Meanwhile, get to an E.R NOW. It won't get better if you wait.

Chong Hua lost their certification since you left Cebu.

Jawny
On 8/29/2019 at 10:33 AM, Kreole said:

You may want to begin making inquires sooner than later.  There is some sort of cardiology conference in Europe with a lot of local cardiologists attending.  

Headshot
On 8/29/2019 at 10:33 AM, Kreole said:

Let us know how this all turns out. It has been a few days since you asked for help.

And hopefully, you have visited an ER to make sure there isn't a heart attack on the horizon. Dr. Mejia is an echo-cardiologist as well as a cardiologist. He can see everything that is going on with your heart and let you know what the prognosis is without doing anything invasive.

Kreole

Bad timing to connect with any of the cardiologist considering it being Friday.  Proactively, I had an ECG and Echocardiogram  yesterday and today so should get the results in the next couple of days.  However, I have made an interesting discovery.  With the pain in my left pectoral, arm pit and down inside of my arm,  I was massaging my chest and felt a hard protrusion where the left rib connects to the sternum which is very tender and when pressed sends pain signals to my left pectoral, arm pit and arm, the exact areas where I feel the most intense stress.  I did an extensive internet search and discovered that  Costochondritis is such a condition and often mimics a heart attack.  I will go in for a chest  x-ray as soon as I can find a local doctor to write the script and the have him/her review the results. Then I will get a more definitive assessment.

• Like 1