Soupeod

Veteran Service Officer (VSO)

Soupeod

Zero at Cebu RAO and VFW Cebu

Two at RAO Subic.

E8260D98-2245-4EF0-B918-D25FD411F699.jpeg

• Like 2

JonnyBravo

Yeah I’m dealing with that here, first time applying for disability to boot. eBenefits site is okay, I notice you have anywhere from 8-23 minutes to get things done before it auto-logs you off (even if you’re typing away). I think VSO’s have the permission to view/edit your eBenefits if you want. I just haven’t been able to find a VSO to respond. The eBenefits site list VSO’s however it’s not updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

smokey

Me too wasted 2 months writing to one i wont name told me if i was in a hurry look for someone else self applied going good so far the e mail me appointments i show up.  Process is much better apply if rated low file appeal use a site like HADIT VET FORUM to get advice

Edited by smokey
  • Like 2

Cebuandrew

My experience in 2012-2013, was the VSO was not a lot of help back in Oregon. I used the DAV. But Oregon had many VSO's on the State level (my ex was one there), and there are a few other agencies that have them. I was lucky to have my claim sent to the South Dakota Region, based out of their Sioux Falls office, where the backlog was smallest in the U.S. at the time. Went very fast. Perhaps, if one here does not have a residency in the U.S.--i.e., you have lived here awhile, maybe find a VSO in that region and reach out? But, I know how frustrating the process is for many, so I'm doing some research tonight. This website seems like a VA dead end:

https://www.benefits.va.gov/PERSONA/veteran-abroad-contact.asp

Maybe build a "master email" and copy it to all of these email addresses in the region that did my claim:

https://vetaffairs.sd.gov/veteransserviceofficers/locatevso.aspx

A link for the DAV in that region is here:

https://www.benefits.va.gov/SiouxFalls/veterans-services-orgs.asp

Finally, who knows, but cannot hurt to try,  but there is a District Service Officer at the VFW in Angeles City one might try to contact for ideas. His email is:

[email protected]

vfwdeptpacific.org

• Thanks 1