Dafey

Philippine Postal Service

Headshot
1 minute ago, RedRanger said:

Back in 2007 I had Davao PNP do a background check and follow a girl around, The letter took 4 months to make it to Texas.

Why didn't you have them send the results by Facebook?

• Like 1

cookie47
My Post Master Lady always txt me when I have mail.
One time she even ran out of office to deliver when saw me pass. Cannot be more happy.
Ofcourse I know how to talk sweet to a single mother :cool:
Similar service,
Our post master has a relative who lives in the same Sub division as us, So,,, he will drop off our mail..

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Bama
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

British guy I know had significant financial issues when his replacement ATM card did not arrive from the UK through the post.

That is why I use a mailing service out of Miami. Everything is collected there,they scan every mail piece so I know what is there, and at some point it's packaged up and sent by DHL or equivalent. Quit using Fed Ex recently as they started charging customs fees for packages well under the value limits. Kinda important mail to the US is sent registered and something quite important is sent via IEMS which isn't cheap.

Edited by Bama

enoonmai
8 hours ago, wondersailor said:

I sent my proof of life form by Philpost, return receipt in June. Have heard nothing. Maybe time to send another ?

I always sent it from LBC to someone in the states and had them mail it. The SS address is a PO box and LBC won't (or didn't) send to them. You're probably ok but I wouldn't trust philpost for something like that, jmo.

• Like 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, wondersailor said:

I sent my proof of life form by Philpost, return receipt in June. Have heard nothing. Maybe time to send another ?

Do they do that?  Like send you a receipt or something?  Might be best to contact the Manila SS rep.  Easier to do that now than one day the check doesn't show.

Edited by SkyMan

RedRanger
7 hours ago, Headshot said:

Why didn't you have them send the results by Facebook?

not sure facebook existed back then, I think maybe freindster was around or maybe myspace.  I didn't have a facebook account back then

• Haha 1

to_dave007
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Do they do that?  Like send you a receipt or something?  Might be best to contact the Manila SS rep.  Easier to do that now than one day the check doesn't show.

Seems to me they offer something like registered mail.  Memory fails me but I think I sent registered from the main office near Independence Plaza.  It arrived In a month so never needed to follow-up further.

wondersailor
6 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Can this be done ? Instead of sending the form that may or may not get to Pa. sometime the same year?

lamoe

Typ 3 weeks to / from US

Use PO near E-mail - delivered to condo

smokey

I just received a letter from va mailed to me june 5th

• Sad 1

Dafey
53 minutes ago, smokey said:

I just received a letter from va mailed to me june 5th

which decade?

• Haha 1

Cebuandrew

Our postmaster is awesome here. I bought him a few beers once years ago, and he still knows my full name, though I never get mail here anymore, as I'm now using same service that Headshot is using. Funny note to a thread I started several weeks back: I saw the postmaster drive through town yesterday on a motorbike...with no helmet!!

GBT62

I was a paid member of my AU Football team - on their "International Member" level. That gets me a car bumper sticker, scarf and online TV access to all games.  They will only send the membership package via standard post, no registered option, no other safer courier option. Same goes for the expensive Team Polo I order each year.

Still waiting for the first package from December last year to arrive in Cebu. I contacted the team in April to chase it up - and said PLEASE send Registered in future - I will gladly pay extra. They replied that their system cannot handle it.  2 weeks later - another email from them saying they sent a replacement shipment - NOT Registered again :thumbs_down:

Nearly 5 months later - still no package - as a laugh, 2 weeks ago I checked at Cebu main Post Office - just got a blank stare in response ....

When stuff is sent Registered it has always arrived - reallllly late - but at least got here. Standard mail packages ? Not a hope.  Some Pinoys are enjoying wearing my Richmond Polo's right now - hope they at least Googled who the hell they are wearing :lol:

Not renewing membership next year - can get online access to games elsewhere ...

• Like 1

cookie47
I was a paid member of my AU Football team - on their "International Member" level. That gets me a car bumper sticker, scarf and online TV access to all games.  They will only send the membership package via standard post, no registered option, no other safer courier option. Same goes for the expensive Team Polo I order each year.
Still waiting for the first package from December last year to arrive in Cebu. I contacted the team in April to chase it up - and said PLEASE send Registered in future - I will gladly pay extra. They replied that their system cannot handle it.  2 weeks later - another email from them saying they sent a replacement shipment - NOT Registered again :
Nearly 5 months later - still no package - as a laugh, 2 weeks ago I checked at Cebu main Post Office - just got a blank stare in response ....
When stuff is sent Registered it has always arrived - reallllly late - but at least got here. Standard mail packages ? Not a hope.  Some Pinoys are enjoying wearing my Richmond Polo's right now - hope they at least Googled who the hell they are wearing 
Not renewing membership next year - can get online access to games elsewhere ...

I'll keep an eye out for the Polo and other stuff for you....

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk