fordtech

Best Sandwiches in Cebu?

fordtech

Where is the best place to get a good sandwich? Philly cheesesteak, Reuben, Submarine, Hoagie, etc. Americans love a great sandwich. 

• Like 2

mistaeric

Subway Sandwich shops are all over Manila, but haven't seen them in Cebu City yet.

• Sad 2

liquido

Been here over 10 years,I do not recall ever seeing a Filipino eating anything that resembled a sandwich...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Dafey
3 hours ago, fordtech said:

Where is the best place to get a good sandwich? Philly cheesesteak, Reuben, Submarine, Hoagie, etc. Americans love a great sandwich. 

Good question...I can't remember ever seeing a 'sandwich' in Cebu!

• Sad 1

shadow
1 hour ago, mistaeric said:

Subway Sandwich shops are all over Manila, but haven't seen them in Cebu City yet.

There was a Subway in Ayala years ago... The wife finds her way to a Subway every time she is in Manila.

• Like 2

to_dave007

Excellent bacon egg and cheese sandwiches at my place..  if I haven't pissed the wife off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

lamoe
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Good question...I can't remember ever seeing a 'sandwich' in Cebu!

You probably won't - Quality and types of meat not available at reasonable cost for most to afford except for Subway?

Asked Tata - she was an OFW for 18 years - Japan, China, UEA - has tried some different types  - said the flavors are strong  for Filipinos. Took her awhile to like my hot sauces and Cajun spices

I been a very good boy :rolleyes:

This morning - eggs, parsley, ham , onions, Japanese spicy mayo, butter, Riley's Cajun spices - kiwi on side

I use lowest pic setting to save space - looks better on phone

20190822_083517[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

PeteHK

Bake & More in Streetscape, Banilad does some nice baguettes and sandwiches.  Abaca café in Rustans also worth considering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

lamoe
8 minutes ago, PeteHK said:

Bake & More in Streetscape, Banilad does some nice baguettes and sandwiches.  Abaca café in Rustans also worth considering.

Forgot about Abaca - rather upscale for her taste

image.png.6137553207d545de67c42d5ba02a7cba.png

• Like 3

savarity

The Coffee Bay in the heart of IT park has some good cold sandwiches, that they will heat up for you. It's probably the best chain coffee house in Cebu.

La Vie Parisienne, on Gorordo st, had some good french sandwiches, and they deliver too.

Luncheonette has melts; ham, patty, and reuben.

Salad Stop at Ayala, had turkey wraps, sort of like a turkey sandwich, and pretty good.

Next door from there, at the Suites Room they had; steak, turkey, pastrami, roast beef and other sandwiches. One of my favorite places, because it was reasonable priced, but properly prepared food.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TimL

Books and Brews Cafe has a pretty good Italian Slammer sandwich. It’s mortadella, salami  and pepperoni with mozzarella on a toasted roll.  They also have a blueberry & cheese tart that is very good. 

Shakeys has an okay meatball parm. As for the rest of what you mentioned, good luck. 

• Like 3

Salty Dog

Unless you're giving them away for free, or selling your homemade sandwiches, I don't think they are what the OP was asking about...:ontopic:

• Haha 1

Cebuandrew

If you're in SM City, take a look at The French Baker. I've had a few good sandwiches there in the past. I think they even had a steak sandwich.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Headshot
Posted (edited)

Abaca definitely has a great Reuben sandwich. I'm not really crazy about their other sandwiches, but I get their Reuben sandwiches all the time. Even my daughter loves them. The Reuben comes with a tossed salad and potato salad on the side. Abaca is also famous for their breakfast menu, but so far they haven't added biscuits and gravy to their menu (which is funny because they have the ingredients but never put them together).

Abaca has several locations around the city. My favorites are at Ayala Center Mall and at Crossroads.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Headshot
Posted (edited)

For a great burger (several varieties), go to Big Tom's. The location I frequent is at Oakridge in Mandaue City. Don't get them to go. They are too juicy to travel well.

They have a decent Po Boy sandwich at the New Orleans in Ayala.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2