Prime Rib on a Buffet?

Davaoeno
16 hours ago, smokey said:

at dinner they always have it lunch its hit and miss   well if its a big bummer your always in canada usa mexico and other places guess you can feast there..   

I sent you an invite to join me on my last business trip-  did you not get it? 

I mailed it to:

Smokey

The guy with the overpriced vet

At the place the taxis refuse to go

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cebuandrew

• Headshot

• Gus

• fordtech

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Occasionally, when I go to Cebu, I have a beef steak. The quality is nowhere near that of properly raised goat which has the taste of high grade beef with a hint of lamb, but I have no choice but to e

It is a small place, but they have big freezers with lots of meat (beef, pork, chicken, seafood). They also have processed meats, such as sausage, bacon and ham, as well as frozen french fries and oth

Good idea, but I would go to Belcris Foods for steaks and roasts. That is where the better restaurants go for their meat. There is a location in Banilad near the intersection of Archbishop Reyes and A

Posted Images

smokey
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I sent you an invite to join me on my last business trip-  did you not get it? 

I mailed it to:

Smokey

The guy with the overpriced vet

At the place the taxis refuse to go

Shit my bad your pigeon died

Headshot
3 hours ago, smokey said:

Shit my bad your pigeon died

Was it good? How did your cook prepare it?

smokey
12 hours ago, Headshot said:

Was it good? How did your cook prepare it?

Soy sause and extra rice

• Administrator
Dafey

Topic please gents...

Prime Rib on a Buffet?

• Like 2
fordtech

I guess we are going to try Viking, they have roast beef. Its not prime rib but it will work. Made a reservation so should be in good shape. 

• Like 1
Cebuandrew

I have an idea tech. You have been living here for many years, so I assume like many of us, you have a simple toaster oven? Viking will not satisfy your "craving." Bring a small cooler with you and before you head home, get a prime rib in a store. I know S&R sold them before, but maybe members here know of other supermarkets that sell them. When you get home, try this recipe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z83qiRbj9E0

It is saying here that something about youtube no allowing this link...not sure why. I googled "oven toaster prime rib" and the very first video that pops up shows a guy making a beautiful prime rib in his toaster oven. Now, I really want to try it next time I come back from Cebu!!

• Like 2
fordtech
23 minutes ago, Cebuandrew said:

I have an idea tech. You have been living here for many years, so I assume like many of us, you have a simple toaster oven? Viking will not satisfy your "craving." Bring a small cooler with you and before you head home, get a prime rib in a store. I know S&R sold them before, but maybe members here know of other supermarkets that sell them. When you get home, try this recipe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z83qiRbj9E0

It is saying here that something about youtube no allowing this link...not sure why. I googled "oven toaster prime rib" and the very first video that pops up shows a guy making a beautiful prime rib in his toaster oven. Now, I really want to try it next time I come back from Cebu!!

I have my cooler already sitting next to the door. I have a full size American Range so can cook anything. Will be looking for a nice prime rib to bring home with me. 

• Like 2
Headshot
1 hour ago, Cebuandrew said:

I have an idea tech. You have been living here for many years, so I assume like many of us, you have a simple toaster oven? Viking will not satisfy your "craving." Bring a small cooler with you and before you head home, get a prime rib in a store. I know S&R sold them before, but maybe members here know of other supermarkets that sell them.

Good idea, but I would go to Belcris Foods for steaks and roasts. That is where the better restaurants go for their meat. There is a location in Banilad near the intersection of Archbishop Reyes and AS Fortuna. You can get prime rib there and also several other good cuts (plus other stuff as well).

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3
Cebuandrew
18 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Good idea, but I would go to Belcris Foods for steaks and roasts. That is where the better restaurants go for their meat. There is a location in Banilad near the intersection of Archbishop Reyes and AS Fortuna. You can get prime rib there and also several other good cuts (plus other stuff as well).

Well, that does it. Next time I go to da City, I'm bringing a cooler. Never heard of this place, but is sounds like da beef nirvana I seek. 

Headshot

It is a small place, but they have big freezers with lots of meat (beef, pork, chicken, seafood). They also have processed meats, such as sausage, bacon and ham, as well as frozen french fries and other stuff in their freezers. I like them because I can get thick-cut steaks there. Most steaks in the Philippines are cut 1/2" thick, which is too thin to properly cook on a grill (which isn't a problem for Filipinos, since it seems that most like their meat well-done anyway).

In Banilad, they are located on the side of Archbishop Reyes (also called Gov. Cuenco) heading toward Cebu City, just after the intersection with AS Fortuna.
It can only be accessed on the frontage road next to the flyover.

Belcris.thumb.jpg.2365e7400493abafac91a648fa7b1771.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks HeadShot. I’ll def have to check that out. 

Well, that does it. Next time I go to da City, I'm bringing a cooler. Never heard of this place, but is sounds like da beef nirvana I seek. 
Strange !
.because there was a Belcris on Bantayan Island , but I just text a friend and he said the shop has a different name now ,and does not do the steaks so much ..
Mainly ..fries, cheese ,bacon etc for restos.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Cebuandrew

Lol...imported beef, sold at the retail level on Bantayan Island? Not in the last 5 1/2 years at least. Yeah, there is a small shop here that sells frozen pinoy meats and 2 kinds of sliced imported cheese, but I'm friends with many resto owners here and even bacon, they bring up from Cebu. One of the top restos gets their chicken in Bogo, and even fresh local pork is better then the frozen stuff that shop sells. The only product local restos buy from it is cream cheese and one place buys sour cream from them.

Lol...imported beef, sold at the retail level on Bantayan Island? Not in the last 5 1/2 years at least. Yeah, there is a small shop here that sells frozen pinoy meats and 2 kinds of sliced imported cheese, but I'm friends with many resto owners here and even bacon, they bring up from Cebu. One of the top restos gets their chicken in Bogo, and even fresh local pork is better then the frozen stuff that shop sells. The only product local restos buy from it is cream cheese and one place buys sour cream from them.
So you don't believe me ?

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk