Prime Rib on a Buffet?

fordtech

I am looking for a all you can eat Buffet in Cebu that offers Prime Rib. Is there any that do? Its been over 5 years since I have had any and have a craving for some. My wife and I are leaving our little Island Friday for 3 days in Cebu, our plan is to pig out for 3 days. 

Viking and Buffet 101 both look good, which is better?

• Like 2
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cebuandrew

• Gus

• fordtech

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Occasionally, when I go to Cebu, I have a beef steak. The quality is nowhere near that of properly raised goat which has the taste of high grade beef with a hint of lamb, but I have no choice but to e

It is a small place, but they have big freezers with lots of meat (beef, pork, chicken, seafood). They also have processed meats, such as sausage, bacon and ham, as well as frozen french fries and oth

Good idea, but I would go to Belcris Foods for steaks and roasts. That is where the better restaurants go for their meat. There is a location in Banilad near the intersection of Archbishop Reyes and A

Posted Images

Cebuandrew
49 minutes ago, fordtech said:

I am looking for a all you can eat Buffet in Cebu that offers Prime Rib. Is there any that do? Its been over 5 years since I have had any and have a craving for some. My wife and I are leaving our little Island Friday for 3 days in Cebu, our plan is to pig out for 3 days. 

Viking and Buffet 101 both look good, which is better?

I feel your craving. Years ago, I used to get to the big city there at least every 6-8 weeks, mostly for the Saturday night buffet at Marriotts. American prime rib, cooked perfectly between rare and medium rare. Been to Vikings a few times and it was pretty good. Decent cuts of beef. But their definition of medium rare is more cooked than mine. Never been to Buffet 101. After reading your post, it got me wondering about it. I found an article, albeit 3 years old that says Vikings is best for western food and 101 is best for asian food. 

http://www.everythingcebu.com/food-and-dining/buffet-101-vs-vikings-luxury-buffet/

Sure hope someone here does know of a prime rib buffet in Cebu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
smokey

Viking is best go lunch during the week or dinner weekend need resveration send message on fb to them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
to_dave007
1 hour ago, fordtech said:

leaving our little Island Friday for 3 days in Cebu, our plan is to pig out for 3 days. 

what a great plan !!

I recall a similar discussion within the past year or so regarding a good place to get beef in Cebu.  Several restaurants mentioned.  Worth a search in archives. 

fordtech
16 hours ago, smokey said:

Viking is best go lunch during the week or dinner weekend need resveration send message on fb to them

I made a reservation this morning on there FB page, seemed flawless so will see when we arrive if so. They responded back quick with a reservation number. 

Davaoeno

I have never seen prime rib at Vikings. In fact we have mostly stopped going there  because they switched to cheaper cuts and varieties of most things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
savarity

Agreed, certainly wasn't one at Vikings. They had a beef roast, but not prime rib.

I'm not aware of an all you can eat prime rib in Cebu City, but would like to know if there is one.

As for steak, I tried most of the better rated places in Cebu, none really was as good as can be found in Manila. Marble + Grain had an all you can eat ribeye special, for awhile.

smokey
10 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I have never seen prime rib at Vikings. In fact we have mostly stopped going there  because they switched to cheaper cuts and varieties of most things. 

at dinner they always have it lunch its hit and miss   well if its a big bummer your always in canada usa mexico and other places guess you can feast there..   

Edited by smokey
Headshot
53 minutes ago, savarity said:

Agreed, certainly wasn't one at Vikings. They had a beef roast, but not prime rib.

I'm not aware of an all you can eat prime rib in Cebu City, but would like to know if there is one.

As for steak, I tried most of the better rated places in Cebu, none really was as good as can be found in Manila. Marble + Grain had an all you can eat ribeye special, for awhile.

They have good, tender beef and lamb (cooked to rare-to-medium rare) at their carving station, but they don't have prime rib. They will cook it to any degree you desire. I have seen prime rib at the buffets at the Radisson and also at the Marco Polo, but they don't always have it, so you just have to be lucky enough to hit it on a night when they do. Call ahead. It is unlikely that any of the buffets here have prime rib for their regular lunch buffets, but maybe Marco Polo has it occasionally at their Sunday Brunch buffets. Again, call them to find out.

For steak, the best steak in the Cebu metro area is the tenderloin steak at the New Orleans at Ayala.

• Like 2
RogerDuMond
4 hours ago, savarity said:

As for steak, I tried most of the better rated places in Cebu, none really was as good as can be found in Manila.

New Orleans restaurant in Ayala has an excellent one, but it is fairly expensive.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
8 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

New Orleans restaurant in Ayala has an excellent one, but it is fairly expensive.

What would a Goat Man know about good beef...:P

• Haha 2
savarity

Just to be clear on terms, at the minimum, I take 'prime rib' to mean a beef rib roast or standing rib roast, that is, the same cut of meat which could be cut down to ribeye steaks, but instead is being prepared as a roast.

It should be pink, pink, or even red, throughout the entire interior. Unfortunately, some of the lower priced Filipino places in Manila overcook it. Maybe to suit the local preference to mistrust meat that isn't cooked well-done?

-
As far as steaks around the metro business district in Cebu, I think I'd give the nod to Pig and Palm, a bit on the edge of the business district, but still in it. St. Moritz was inconsistent, but occasionally good too.

The USDA prime ribeye at No. 9 was always excellent and real prime, my personal pick for best in Cebu, over Olio, Marble+Grain, or Anzani. Usually about 3-4k peso, depending on weight. Slightly outside the central business district though.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

What would a Goat Man know about good beef...:P

Occasionally, when I go to Cebu, I have a beef steak. The quality is nowhere near that of properly raised goat which has the taste of high grade beef with a hint of lamb, but I have no choice but to eat beef there because very few know how to raise goats properly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1