Sign in to follow this  
Ozepete

Jamaica

Ozepete

Older members will recall the great effort LINC member Dutch Piet put in to help little Bohol girl Jamaica who had horrific facial defects.

Piet posted 'Heartbreaking' the story of Jamaica who's problems were so bad that she required several extensive surgeries, something that was not going to happen without outside help. LINC member support, the Lions Club of Toolamba Victoria, some private funding and Piet's amazing dedication, saw the Cebu doctors perform a miracle., but there was more to do as Jamaica got older. 

Dutch Piet's efforts were cut short by suffering his own medical issues and I just hope he is ok now.

One of our boys (seen here with Piet after one of the ops) has taken it on himself to finish the job.  He is now on his third 'Jamaica'  trip from Oz to Bohol / Cebu and today is with Jamaica and her Lola visiting the doctors in Cebu hoping to get some tidy up things done and a prosthetic eye fitting arranged. 

Two reasons for this post: Firstly to acknowledge the amazing work that Piet did to help coordinate Jamaica and hundreds of other kids so they could receive surgery, and secondly to reach out to him in the hope he is now well again and to let him know that the work he started continues. You are a bloody saint Dutchy. 

Dutchy.png.312c11fc4a28fb6a2cc1f3e80127edb2.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Kreole

This is the first I have heard of this story, and it gives me hope that there are some deeply humanitarian people that bring healing and love to others.  Blessings to them all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ozepete

Does anyone know how Dutch Piet  (AKA Dutchy  AKA  Jeepney)  is?  I just hope he is ok.