Withdraw USD from HSBC

SkyMan

Seems like a while back someone said it was possible to withdraw USD from a US HSBC account at a teller here even without an account here and without wire fees, etc.  Does anyone know this to be true or not?

RogerDuMond

I would suggest that the best way to find out would be to call them at (032) 234 4180 for the Cebu branch.

That being said, I would seriously doubt it. Even with a USD account with them, they strongly suggest that you call them a few days ahead of time to make sure that they have the USD available in the branch.

• Like 1
SkyMan

No answer yesterday.  I do agree it seems unlikely but if possible it might be of huge benefit.  If it requires a local dollar account I may look into that again but I think it required a larger min balance than I wanted to deal with.  I suppose I could open the account, transfer, and then close the account but that might be more hassle than it's worth.

RogerDuMond
19 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

No answer yesterday. 

PM sent

• Like 1