Sign in to follow this  
Soupeod

Clark Space A Travel

Soupeod

-————————

SPACE AVAILABLE (Space A) Clark Update:

Greeting’s From Clark AMC Terminal. This is the latest update as of today 13 Aug 2019 on the Space-A travel program for travel from Clark Air Base:

Myself and the new Commander of 733 AMS Lt Col Joshua Ehmen out of Kadena and his leadership team, met with the new JUSMAG Senior Defense Official (SDO) Col Ma on 26 Jul in regards to the base access for space-a.  Unfortunately, the program will continue to be suspended until other priority issues can be addressed and Col Ma receives additional background information from the Armed Forces of the Philippines and a way ahead for future operations of the Space-A program as well as other items of importance at Clark.

Additionally, Clark Air Base’s footprint will diminish over the next few years with the expansion of Clark International Airport. We are not sure what the future holds for maintaining operations here or if we will be relocated at some point with the Philippine Air Force to another part of Clark Freeport Zone or potentially another base.  Once we have info, we will be sure to pass that on through these channels.

Just for some background information on our primary purpose here at Clark. As the DoD/AMC representatives here, our operations do not only consist of space-a movement.  Space-A travel equates to roughly 5% of our operations here at most. The other 95% of our operations consist of being Technical Advisor’s to the local U.S. Embassy/Consulate, Joint United States Military Assistance Group, Defense Attache Office, Pacific Command and its components, U.S. Army Pacific and many other agencies throughout the Pacific.   We provide ground handling services to all military aircraft, crews, personnel as well as coordinate for special missions and requirements and the list goes on.  Clark is one of the two primary entry/exit points for the Philippines. Manila is the other. Therefore, all U.S. Military aircraft arriving/departing from the Philippines transits through Clark/Manila in order clear customs and immigrations before moving on to other locations within the PI. We are also primary fuel stop and crew rest location for missions transiting to other South East/West Asia destinations supporting multiple operations around the globe.  On average we handle 100+ aircraft per month, more than 600 passengers and about 100 tons of cargo. So Clark’s strategic location is paramount in supporting all branches of the military and their mission success.

Until an agreement can be made to reinstate the program, you can still fly into Clark space-a from any other location that supports Space-A travel.  You just can’t fly out of Clark Space-A.  As an alternative option, personnel are able to purchase low cost commercial tickets <$100 from Clark International to Singapore and then catch space-A out of there to other destinations in the pacific.

We will continue to address the Space-A program with JUSMAG and the Armed Forces of the Philippines.  Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Have a great day!

V/R

Brian T. B.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chris24

Thanks.  Over the years I've done some reading trying to figure out Space-A travel, but have never taken the plunge as it looked far too unpredictable for anyone with anything resembling a schedule. It seems like the internet is making more things accessible online in general,  in the next few years maybe web-enabled Space-A travel will become a reality.    

• Like 1

Cebuandrew
1 hour ago, Chris24 said:

Thanks.  Over the years I've done some reading trying to figure out Space-A travel, but have never taken the plunge as it looked far too unpredictable for anyone with anything resembling a schedule. It seems like the internet is making more things accessible online in general,  in the next few years maybe web-enabled Space-A travel will become a reality.    

For years, it was proposed in Congress to allow space-a for 100% disabled vets, and I saw a year ago, it was finally passed, but not for international travel. I keep holding out hope. I did see a blog a few years ago, about a qualified vet here who did it to Guam, but he had to stay in Angeles, and go to base 3 mornings in a row, before a plane was available. Imho opinion, I see that Duterte is playing the U.S. and China, trying to strongarm the best ally (not a good idea against superpowers), so this will come down to which ally he chooses, and what base he might allow.  And yes, per the constitution here, a foreign military "base" is not allowed...lol...but a few years ago, "public smoking" is illegal, yet "public" has not yet been defined, so I reckon "base" is also not defined.

SkyMan

I used Space-A when I was active duty once.  I took a C-130 from Peterson to Travis and spent that night in the terminal talking to a bunch of retirees who just flew around with no particular agenda.  The next morning road a C-5 to Hickam and spent a month golfing at all the bases on Oahu and studied for my promotion test.  Took a C-141 back to Travis with a dozen coffins of Vietnam heroes remains.  The schedule for flights home didn't look good so I took a cheap flight.  Round trip was under $200 and I got the promotion.

• Like 1

Chris24

After a month of studying (and a bit of golf) you certainly deserved it!

Soupeod

update via FB:

———————————
FYSA

Space A News!

Greeting’s From Clark AMC Terminal,  We received great news today from JUSMAG U.S. Embassy Manila.  As of today 30 Oct 2019, the Armed Forces of the Philippines has approved JUSMAGs request to allow eligible members access to Clark Air Base for the purpose of Space-Available travel. With that said there are specific requirements that must be met prior to being granted access.  The new process is being worked at local AMC level and will be released in the next few days so that Space-A travel can commence by mid to end of November.

Previously the traveler themselves were responsible to contact the AFP via e-mail or in person to request for base access a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the requested travel dates.  The new process only requires the traveler to submit their basic travel information (which will be identified in the process) to AMC  so that we can compile the names and travel dates to submit to the DAO who in-turn submits to AFP each Friday.  This eliminates the need for the traveler to independently request base access clearance as was previously required.

Again, we are working the new process over the next few days and will send out detailed instructions once completed.

Please refrain from calling the AMC Station Chief or the Deputy in regards to this matter for we do not have full details at this time.

Once we have all Information, it will be provided through this e-mail channel and on the flight recorder @ 045-499-8396.

Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation. Looking forward to serving you soon.

V/R

Brian T. Bultez, GS-11

Air Operations Station Chief

733 AMS/OL-A

JUSMAG/AMC

Clark Air Base, Philippines

Update via FB:

• Like 1

Soupeod

From FB:

50F39CEA-E0A7-4371-9EAD-2400B5D59553.jpeg