Semper paratus

Current departure cost when leaving NAIA(Manila) headed for the U.S.

Semper paratus

Information please on the cost at the NAIA airport when departing on an international flight. Last rumor I heard was a P5,000 departure tax , anyone gone lately ?

I prefer not to carry any more Ph peso's with me than absolutely necessary.

Thanks

maximian

If you are a 13a resident the fee is 2,880. I exited a couple months ago. 

Semper paratus
8 minutes ago, maximian said:

If you are a 13a resident the fee is 2,880. I exited a couple months ago. 

Here is just part of what is confusing about it.  Note: I am a U.S. citizen in the Philippines on a 13A returning to the U.S..

TRAVEL TAX AND AIRPORT FEES
Philippine Nationals are expected to pay for the Philippine Travel Tax upon departure from the Philippines. It is usually paid at the airport upon departure or; oftentimes, already included in the cost of the ticket when purchased. US Nationals and Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) are exempt from the Philippine Travel Tax. US Permanent Residents need to secure a Travel Tax Exemption Certificate from the Philippine Tourism Authority at the Department of Tourism Building at TM Kalaw Street, Ermita Manila. The Philippine Travel Tax is PHP1,620.00 (approximately $35.00).

All passengers departing from the NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) are expected to pay the Airport Terminal Fee of PHP750.00 (approximately $17.00). No one is exempt from paying the Airport Terminal Fee.

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/about-the-philippines-dc/

Woolf
3 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

All passengers departing from the NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) are expected to pay the Airport Terminal Fee of PHP750.00 (approximately $17.00). No one is exempt from paying the Airport Terminal Fee.

NAIA terminal fee has been included in the ticket price for a couple of years now

about the travel tax     I do not know, this is the first time I hear/see that US nationals are exempted   ????

• Like 1

SkyMan
8 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I do not know, this is the first time I hear/see that US nationals are exempted   ????

Ditto.

SkyMan

With a 13A expect to pay about p5k.  If less, woohoo.

Bama
Posted (edited)

http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/travel-tax-exemption/   (Philippine Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority)

Can certainly see the confusion depending on the site used for your info. Best that I can tell, people with BB's are exempt from the travel tax while people with 13A's have to pay it. Seem to remember BI in Cebu telling me this awhile back.Could be wrong though.

Who may be exempted from paying the Travel Tax?

The following Filipino citizens are exempted from the payment of travel tax pursuant to Sec. 2 of PD 1183, as amended:

Overseas Filipino workers

Filipino permanent residents abroad whose stay in the Philippines is less than one year

Infants (2 years and below)

There are other individuals qualified to avail of exemption. Please see complete list below.

Foreign Diplomatic and Consular Officials Officials, Consultants, Experts, and Employees of the United Nations

United States (US) Military Personnel including dependents

Crewmembers of airplanes plying international routes

Filipino permanent residents abroad whose stay in the Philippines is less than
one (1) yearCertification of Residence issued by the Philippine Embassy / Consulate in the country which does not grant permanent resident status or appropriate entries in the passport

Philippine Foreign Service Personnel officially assigned abroad and their dependents

Officials and Employees of the Philippine Government traveling on official business

Bona-fide Students with approved scholarships by appropriate government

Personnel (and their dependents) of multinational companies with regional headquarters, but not engaged in business, in the PhilippinesCertification

Those authorized by the President of the Republic of the Philippines for reasons of national interest

As provided under R.A. 6768, Balikbayans whose stay in the Philippines is less than one (1) year

Edited by Bama

Semper paratus

What is the terminal fee?

You need not worry about the terminal fee if you are going on a domestic flight, flying via Manila Airport or arriving in any airport in the Philippines. The terminal fee should already be included in the flight ticket price upon booking.

The terminal fee only applies to domestic flights departing from Clark Airport and international flights departing from Cebu, Clark, Kalibo, Davao, Iloilo, or Puerto Princesa (basically, all international airports outside Manila).

https://www.detourista.com/guide/philippine-airports/

maximian

Like woolf said the terminal fee is included in the ticket if you are flying from NAIA. In the past you would pay at the airport in pesos or dollars

Headshot
Posted (edited)

If you are staying in the Philippines on a BB stamp, then you are exempt from the travel tax. I believe tourists are exempt too (at least if you are a US citizen), but if you are staying in the Philippines on a permanent resident visa, you will pay, regardless of your nationality. At least, that was how they explained it to me in May (when we went to SEA). They charged me (13A) 1620p, they charged my wife (who is a Philippine citizen) 1620p, and they charged my daughter (who has dual citizenship) 810p (because she is a minor).

I am reading those charges from my receipt.

Edited by Headshot

Woolf
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

I believe tourists are exempt too (at least if you are a US citizen)

All tourist pay travel tax if stay is more than 1 year

Semper paratus

There is a charge of 1620 on my ticket receipt but nothing about the 750 fee.  But most of what I have read says the 750 fee does not apply to flying out of Manila.  I will be at my travel agents tomorrow for something else so I will ask for clarification.

Woolf
17 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

There is a charge of 1620 on my ticket receipt but nothing about the 750 fee.  But most of what I have read says the 750 fee does not apply to flying out of Manila.  I will be at my travel agents tomorrow for something else so I will ask for clarification.

You will not see the terminal fee on the receipt,   it is INCLUDED in the ticket price

• Thanks 1

RedRanger

Another scam you need to watch out for, If you book your ticket from USA to PI there is no travel tax, If you book your ticket from PI to USA then most carriers I believe all Philippines and most US based carriers will charge you a travel tax.

Go to Delta and book ticket from USA to PI and no travel tax if you are a tourist like me staying 30 days, book same ticket from PI to USA and Travel Tax is there.  

I did see a Travel Tax Refund Kiosk in the airport near the gates when I left in April.

Bama
2 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Another scam you need to watch out for, If you book your ticket from USA to PI there is no travel tax, If you book your ticket from PI to USA then most carriers I believe all Philippines and most US based carriers will charge you a travel tax.

If you know the rules ahead of time about when travel tax payments apply and when they don't apply then how is this a scam ? Must have missed something here.