Bama

British ex-pat needs assistance.............

fred42
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TimL said:

I read about this the other day and from what I saw, she is needing money for two round trip tickets (her and her BF) and a ticket home for the father. While I def. feel for the guy, I’m getting rather sour on all of these go fund me pages popping up looking for others to foot their freaking expenses. 

I read his FB page.. Seems he is close to his daughter but hates everyone else there with a passion so he escaped.
After reading a few of his posts, it`s obvious he is as mad as a march hare.
He is probably extra crazy over here because he ran out of U.K prescription meds!!
I think his daughter knows he is a bit of a nutter and had a panic attack about her Father..Thus the appeal.
That`s my theory anyway.

Edited by fred42

to_dave007
1 hour ago, Jawny said:

Some of these posts seem more like speculation than facts. 

One FACT that may not mean much is that this "Sheila Kim Iglesias" has the same photo on her page as the thumbnail in the FB article posted earlier.  But this "Sheila Kim Iglesias"  says she is from Spain and living in Iceland.  Both a long way from a police station in Iloilo.  Enough reason to doubt?  You be the judge.

cheat.thumb.jpg.374d4f0383e7850891fe67530cde58ec.jpg

• Haha 1

JohnSurrey
On 8/7/2019 at 3:46 PM, Davaoeno said:

Why would she need to buy him a round trip ticket????

Hehehe... makes no sense to me either - but when I look at the prices always seems cheaper coming from the UK - so for a quick calculation I assumed she wanted to fly out here and get him - so half a wasted flight!

8 hours ago, TimL said:

(her and her BF) and a ticket home for the father. While I def. feel for the guy, I’m getting rather sour on all of these go fund me pages popping up looking for others to foot their freaking expenses. 

Or in this case a holiday for two and a chance to say hello to Dad ?

• Like 1

TimL
Posted (edited)

Here’s the go fund me page if anyone would like to read it. Looks like it was edited on Aug 8th and the part about her BF going with her and his existence, has been removed. Guess it sounds better single mom, 2 kids, no help. An update was also added at the bottom. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-me-get-my-sick-father-home-from-philippines

Edited by TimL
  • Haha 2