Sign in to follow this  
Soupeod

NFL - 2019 Season

Soupeod

• Like 1

SkyMan

It's back.....

image.thumb.png.7cd14a1655de40124b8f924870631286.png

And for this season (perhaps just this season) OPI and DPI are reviewable.  I know it's only because of the grotesquely blown call from the NFCC but I think it's good and the wording of the rule makes it a gamble for the HC to call for a review.  There has to be clear and obvious interference or lack thereof.  I would like to see replay expanded.  With the number of replays limited (personally, I think it should only be limited if you're wrong) an HC will have to think about it before throwing the flag.  And with the booth handling calls inside 2 minutes, it should be good.  DPI can be such a huge game changer and often with only one ref who's view is often obstructed to the point where he's making calls based more on what appears to happen rather than what actually happens.  2 players near each other as the ball comes in and the receiver falls down so it must have been DPI.  Not necessarily.  Anyway, I think it will help the game.

• Like 1

Headshot
Posted (edited)

How is it that Denver and Atlanta play 5 games during the preseason and Green Bay and Oakland only play 3? Something is screwy with that schedule.

Edited by Headshot

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Headshot said:

How is it that Denver and Atlanta play 5 games during the preseason and Green Bay and Oakland only play 3? Something is screwy with that schedule.

The HOF game is always an extra, pre-pre-season game so 2 teams get 5.  But yeah, I have no idea why Week 3 is missing a game.  Oh wait, notice that Oakland's 3 games, weeks 1,2, and 4 are all away.  Perhaps they are supposed to be in Las Vegas but the stadium isn't ready yet?  I don't imagine they wanted to miss all the travel time they'd have if they played 4 away games for preseason.

Still a little odd though because I think most HCs consider preseason week 3 the most important dress rehearsal for the season.

Edited by SkyMan

Soupeod

SkyMan
On 8/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, Headshot said:

Apparently they are playing in Winnipeg this weekend.

• Like 1