Technology to go to the moon LOST?

nobrien26

nobrien26

Ever wondered why we no longer send manned missions to the moon? There was a statement from NASA that our technology to go to the moon have been lost. What are your thoughts about this?

lamoe
8 hours ago, nobrien26 said:

Ever wondered why we no longer send manned missions to the moon? There was a statement from NASA that our technology to go to the moon have been lost. What are your thoughts about this?

Not the technology - any technical data can easily be retrieved / reinvented - remember your smartphone  could control over 100 missions at the same time

The desire has been lost

Any explanation of that statement would be political

savarity

Ever wondered why we no longer send manned missions to the moon?

I seem to remember something called Apollo 13... just might have had something to do with it.

Plus the cost/benefit ratio of continuing. Bush II gave his speech about manned missions to Mars back in the early 2000s and was knocked back after, again due to cost.
lamoe
2 hours ago, savarity said:

I seem to remember something called Apollo 13... just might have had something to do with it.

Plus the cost/benefit ratio of continuing. Bush II gave his speech about manned missions to Mars back in the early 2000s and was knocked back after, again due to cost.

The money was there - just used for  other programs

JonnyBravo

I think the reasons are more political than anything since nasa is a government funded agency. A lot of people view space exploration as a waste of money. This is partially why space programs are becoming privatized ie SpaceX. The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is it’s inefficiency. As far as lost technology, no way. We are more accurate and seasoned now than the 1960s and 70s. We’ve even landed a satellite on an asteroid in recent years not to mention all the rovers running around on mars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1