Knowing the Moderators

nobrien26

nobrien26

I am just curious, and im sure some will also be, about who manage this forum. like how many of them are Filipinos or Foreigners in our perspective. I'm a Filipino by birth btw. Just want to feel at home at this forum site I guess.😊😊

• Administrator
Salty Dog

One Aussie who has a home in the Philippines and lives there part time.

Six American. Four of them currently live in the Philippines. Several of those have been here for many years. One lived in the Philippines for 5 years, but now lives in the USA.

nobrien26
On 7/30/2019 at 6:12 AM, Salty Dog said:

One Aussie who has a home in the Philippines and lives there part time.

Six American. Four of them currently live in the Philippines. Several of those have been here for many years. One lived in the Philippines for 5 years, but now lives in the USA.

Thank you. I'm surprised there isn't any Filipino among the moderators given the venue of the forum being Cebu but I'm cool with that. Nice to know a bit about you guys:)

• Like 1
shadow
1 hour ago, nobrien26 said:

Thank you. I'm surprised there isn't any Filipino among the moderators given the venue of the forum being Cebu but I'm cool with that. Nice to know a bit about you guys:)

The forum was originally started by an American (now deceased, RIP), with the intent of helping other foreigners who were coming to live in Cebu and the Philippines. Although we have had many Filipino members over the years, it has always been a predominantly Foreigner related information sharing site.  Therefore, the management has always been and is still foreigners.

Welcome to the forum! It is always good to have new Filipino blood here.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

It’s been my experience the Filipino members have usually had a perspective that helped them to share with the forum.  For example, some had experience with agencies foreigners may not deal with much, but their spouse may as well as family members (PAG-IBID, SSS, and such). One member, now in Canada, was a gun enthusiast.  While foreigners can’t get permits, their spouse can.  His knowledge was helpful locating firing ranges and sporting events. 

Hope you’ll join in the threads.

• Like 1