Contact lenses that zoom when you blink twice

• Administrator
Dafey

It is absolutely the stuff of science fiction: a contact lens that zooms on your command.

But scientists at the University of California San Diego have gone ahead and made it a reality. They've created a contact lens, controlled by eye movements, that can zoom in if you blink twice.

How is this possible? In the simplest of terms, the scientists measured the electrooculographic signals generated when eyes make specific movements (up, down, left, right, blink, double blink) and created a soft biomimetic lens that responded directly to those electric impulses. The lens created was able to change its focal length depending on the signals generated.

Therefore the lens could literally zoom in the blink of an eye.

Incredibly the lens works regardless of whether the user can see or not. It's not about the sight, it's about the electricity produced by specific movements.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/technology/scientists-create-contact-lenses-that-zoom-when-you-blink-twice/ar-AAF3kc7?ocid=spartandhp#image=BBVInQe|17

• Like 3
Headshot

Can they equip it with x-ray vision as well? I've wanted that since I was a little kid.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Can they equip it with x-ray vision as well? I've wanted that since I was a little kid.

Try Lazada or Shopee :biggrin_01:  they'd beat shipping from the US

image.png.7d17a9ff446a7397a87970184db993c6.png

SkyMan

That could kill someone with Tourettes. 

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

That could kill someone with Tourettes. 

Do Tourettes people blink a lot? I thought they just swore uncontrollably?

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Do Tourettes people blink a lot? I thought they just swore uncontrollably?

Different affects for different people.  I think most just have various involuntary muscle movements including blinking.