Sign in to follow this  
Salty Dog

Service Member Checked Missile Launcher in Luggage at Baltimore Airport

Salty Dog

TSA: US Service Member Checked Missile Launcher in Luggage at Baltimore Airport

missile_launcher.jpg

In this July 2019 photo released by the The Transportation Security Administration, a section of a missile
launcher is seen at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport near Baltimore.
Federal officials say they've found a missile launcher in a man's luggage at the airport in Baltimore. 

BALTIMORE — Federal officials say they've found a missile launcher in a man's luggage at the airport in Baltimore.

The Transportation Security Administration said in a statement that the military grade weapon was located in the man's checked luggage at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.

TSA officers called airport police who found the man and detained him for questioning. The unidentified traveler said he was in the military and coming home from Kuwait. He said he wanted to keep the weapon as a souvenir.

The TSA said the missile launcher was "not a live device." But it was handed over to the state fire marshal for disposal.

The man lives in Jacksonville, Texas, which is about 115 miles east of Dallas. He was ultimately allowed to catch his flight home.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/07/29/tsa-us-service-member-checked-missile-launcher-luggage-baltimore-airport.html?ESRC=eb_190730.nl

SkyMan

I'm surprised TSA didn't search my luggage on my last trip from the US.  I had a lamp with me that I'd made when I was a teen.  It's made from the shell of an anti-aircraft round my dad brought back from WWII.

They made me open the box at Mactan.

• Like 1

lamoe

Most likely still considered US property ?

Brought home from Vietnam a brass decorative cannon :frantic: returning vets were given extra scrutiny back then