A foreigner's viral vlog about the Philippines

Dafey

• Administrator
Dafey

Internet personality and vlogger Basel Manadil’s video about the Philippines has gone viral on various social media platforms.

The vlog entitled, ‘PILIPINAS Hindi Na 3rd World Country! Bansang PAYAMAN WORLD CLASS Underpass!!’ was uploaded on his channel, The Hungry Syrian Wanderer, and has already garnered 820,000 views as of this writing.

KAMI learned that the video showed Basel discussing the booming economy of the Philippines and that the country shouldn’t only be known for its beaches and tropical island.

In his caption, Basel aims to change the impression of other people about the Philippines, “Most people who haven't been in the Philippines would have this impression that Philippines is a poor country, traffic and slums, on this vlog I will show you the other side of the Philippines. Mabuhay!”

His video also garnered comments and praises from netizens who lauded his efforts to showcase the beauty of the Philippines.

"I appreciate this man despite of being from foreign land, he tried his best to promote Philippines and its culture to the world. kudos to this man."

"It's indeed very beautiful in Makati.. but I have never been there. Yayamanin talaga that side thank you for featuring this Basel. More power to you!"

"Watching from California. Thank you for promoting Philippines."

"Thank you for introducing foreign people our country! (Including you!) You should really continue this! Proud to be a Filipino!"

"Thanks for showing the world the good/possible side of #OurCountry #BeautifulPhilippines . More power to you and your Staff. MABUHAY."

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/entertainment/celebrity/netizens-react-to-a-foreigners-viral-vlog-about-the-philippines/ar-AAEWIxR?ocid=spartandhp

• Like 1

what happened when he  stepped out of makati?  ahhh but he did not:as-if:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Reminds me of the International Living article calling Cebu City a "First World City" because it has a couple nice malls and high rise buildings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
lamoe

Never trust anyone who doesn't know how to put a cap on.

Left his rose colored glasses in the room?