Kreole

Beware of budget airlines,

Kreole

I just saw this video on YouTube and thought it might be of interest.  I once traveled on AirAsia, but after watching this, I will not again.  Here is the link: 

• Like 5

Dafey

You want to live forever?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

lamoe
1 minute ago, Dafey said:

You want to live forever?

YES :oldtimer:

It appears the airlines suffers from the same problems as most technical services in SEA

No maintenance, corruption,  and regimented training which does not enhance PROPER creative problem solving (improper they do all the time - electrical tape vs wire nuts)

• Like 1

Davaoeno

I fly fairly often . I chose Air Asia whenever possible , dut to their fares, their service and their on time record. I have never felt unsafe .   But then again I have never flown into or out of Indonesia . 

• Like 1

lamoe
44 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I fly fairly often . I chose Air Asia whenever possible , dut to their fares, their service and their on time record. I have never felt unsafe .   But then again I have never flown into or out of Indonesia . 

Origination /  destination countries adherence to regs and why banned from US?

• Confused 1

bert
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

ihave used to fly to tacloban leyte on time not like cebu pathetic

Kreole
On 7/24/2019 at 7:49 AM, lamoe said:

YES :oldtimer:

It appears the airlines suffers from the same problems as most technical services in SEA

No maintenance, corruption,  and regimented training which does not enhance PROPER creative problem solving (improper they do all the time - electrical tape vs wire nuts)

I am afraid you are correct; that AirAsia is not alone among the SEA airlines.  SEA is just a crap shoot as to whether you are flying on a well maintained plane with competent pilots.  This makes it difficult to make an informed choice.

Headshot

On our recent trip around SEA, we flew on Silk Air, Malaysia Air (2 legs), Air Asia, Bangkok Air and Philippine Airlines. truthfully, all of them were roughly equal in creature comforts, maintenance (that we could see) and timeliness ... except Bangkok Air. Bangkok Air was one level lower than the others on all aspects.

The only thing that differentiated any of the flights was the fact that we upgraded to business class on one leg with Malaysia Air and the Philippine Airlines flight. That significantly increased the comfort (and evident maintenance) levels on the flights.

Now I realize that, if there is an accident, the business class passengers have no safety advantages over the economy classes, but if you are going to be flying on these airlines anyway, business class certainly makes the trip easier on the mind and body. It has certainly affected our thinking for future flights both regional and trans-Pacific).

Don.

About a year ago I was in a group of passengers boarding an Air Asia flight at the rear door, at the same time as the arriving passengers were exiting the plane from the front door...

No cleaning or maintenance being done that I could see.

HeyMike

And then there's...

Kreole
20 hours ago, Headshot said:

The only thing that differentiated any of the flights was the fact that we upgraded to business class on one leg with Malaysia Air and the Philippine Airlines flight. That significantly increased the comfort (and evident maintenance) levels on the flights. 

that's funny.  Thanks