Jump to content
Kreole

Beware of budget airlines,

Recommended Posts

Kreole

I just saw this video on YouTube and thought it might be of interest.  I once traveled on AirAsia, but after watching this, I will not again.  Here is the link: 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey

You want to live forever?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
1 minute ago, Dafey said:

You want to live forever?

YES :oldtimer:

It appears the airlines suffers from the same problems as most technical services in SEA

No maintenance, corruption,  and regimented training which does not enhance PROPER creative problem solving (improper they do all the time - electrical tape vs wire nuts)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

I fly fairly often . I chose Air Asia whenever possible , dut to their fares, their service and their on time record. I have never felt unsafe .   But then again I have never flown into or out of Indonesia . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
44 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I fly fairly often . I chose Air Asia whenever possible , dut to their fares, their service and their on time record. I have never felt unsafe .   But then again I have never flown into or out of Indonesia . 

Origination /  destination countries adherence to regs and why banned from US?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I fly fairly often . I chose Air Asia whenever possible , dut to their fares, their service and their on time record. I have never felt unsafe .   But then again I have never flown into or out of Indonesia . 

ihave used to fly to tacloban leyte on time not like cebu pathetic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kreole
On 7/24/2019 at 7:49 AM, lamoe said:

YES :oldtimer:

It appears the airlines suffers from the same problems as most technical services in SEA

No maintenance, corruption,  and regimented training which does not enhance PROPER creative problem solving (improper they do all the time - electrical tape vs wire nuts)

 

I am afraid you are correct; that AirAsia is not alone among the SEA airlines.  SEA is just a crap shoot as to whether you are flying on a well maintained plane with competent pilots.  This makes it difficult to make an informed choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

On our recent trip around SEA, we flew on Silk Air, Malaysia Air (2 legs), Air Asia, Bangkok Air and Philippine Airlines. truthfully, all of them were roughly equal in creature comforts, maintenance (that we could see) and timeliness ... except Bangkok Air. Bangkok Air was one level lower than the others on all aspects.

The only thing that differentiated any of the flights was the fact that we upgraded to business class on one leg with Malaysia Air and the Philippine Airlines flight. That significantly increased the comfort (and evident maintenance) levels on the flights.

Now I realize that, if there is an accident, the business class passengers have no safety advantages over the economy classes, but if you are going to be flying on these airlines anyway, business class certainly makes the trip easier on the mind and body. It has certainly affected our thinking for future flights both regional and trans-Pacific).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don.

About a year ago I was in a group of passengers boarding an Air Asia flight at the rear door, at the same time as the arriving passengers were exiting the plane from the front door...

No cleaning or maintenance being done that I could see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeyMike

And then there's...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kreole
20 hours ago, Headshot said:

The only thing that differentiated any of the flights was the fact that we upgraded to business class on one leg with Malaysia Air and the Philippine Airlines flight. That significantly increased the comfort (and evident maintenance) levels on the flights. 

that's funny.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..