Dafey

Thieves Steal Woman's Car, She Steals It Back

Dafey

A 34-year-old Missouri woman tracked down the thief she says stole her car — and then took it back.

Danielle Reno was at a gas station in Kansas City, Missouri, when she says someone made off with her Toyota 4Runner with her wallet still inside. She reported the theft to cops, then took matters into her own hands. 

Reno tracked down the woman by re-activating her credit card and looking to see where the suspect made purchases. 

Eventually, Reno found her car and used her spare key to steal it back. Then, she documented what happened next on Facebook as police arrested the suspected thief and two possible accomplices. 

"You're about to see 'em get busted," Reno says in the video. 

Later, speaking to Inside Edition, Reno described the moment she reclaimed her car. 

"It was exhilarating," she said. "I had the biggest adrenaline rush ever. I was super, super happy."

But Reno said the car has been left in horrific condition, trashed to the point where she doesn't even want to drive it. 

"There were dirty clothes and underwear all over," Reno said. "It smelled horrible."

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/offbeat/thieves-steal-womans-car-she-steals-it-back/ar-AAEtaNx?ocid=spartandhp

• Like 3

KID

lol-----Seen this on my local news---- KCMO is a jungle. That is why I mainly keep my butt in Kansas

• Like 1

SkyMan

A little fishy as I've never been able to reactivate a lost/stolen card.  Even if true it's a dangerous play really.  Had it not worked, she might have been liable for the charges for having authorized it being turned back on.  And now for the car insurance.  Does she have a claim?  Are they going to pay for the fumigation?

• Like 2

smokey

You can do it online any time i deactivate my usa atm when here

SkyMan
49 minutes ago, smokey said:

You can do it online any time i deactivate my usa atm when here

Deactivate it is one thing but if you report it stolen it will not be reactivated.  And if it is stolen and you don't report it you may responsible for the charges.

Dafey

I know with Discover you can turn it off, turn it on, turn it off at your discretion

savarity
A little fishy as I've never been able to reactivate a lost/stolen card.  Even if true it's a dangerous play really.  Had it not worked, she might have been liable for the charges for having authorized it being turned back on.  And now for the car insurance.  Does she have a claim?  Are they going to pay for the fumigation?
How do you know she had theft insurance? I never had more than state minimum coverage, and maybe her card was set to, let's say, a $500 limit, etc. A good risk/reward compared with having to buy a new car.