Johnnie Walker Red to Blue rated

lamoe

Saw a huge of Blue at store in Ayala Davao - didn't get price

Edited by lamoe
Lordblacknail

all of them are basically crap, like any other scotch, nothing special.........until you get to the blue. that is special. P6500 at s&r close to $400 in the USA

Davaoeno
52 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

all of them are basically crap, like any other scotch, nothing special.........until you get to the blue. that is special. P6500 at s&r close to $400 in the USA

I'm impressed! I had the impression- obviously wrongly- that you were on a limited budget lol

Anyone who drinks enough Blue on a regular basis  is not poor by any means.

I buy a Blue every month. But that's pretty much my only alcohol expenditure

• Like 1
Kahuna

Kills bad breath and makes a mean whisky sour too...

66446440_2839588859390443_6858476113539104768_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
RedRanger
17 hours ago, Lordblacknail said:

750 ml runs $209

1.75 runs $409

Lordblacknail

bud, i am poor. and i don't drink blue. I drink Jack and Jose but........a bottle of each will last me 10 to 15 years. a drinker i am not. a six pack of good beer will last me a year or more. btw all, we leave for FL tomorrow. If I was staying here, my first priority would be to learn Chinese

• Like 1
Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Lordblacknail said:

bud, i am poor. and i don't drink blue. I drink Jack and Jose but........a bottle of each will last me 10 to 15 years. a drinker i am not. a six pack of good beer will last me a year or more. btw all, we leave for FL tomorrow. If I was staying here, my first priority would be to learn Chinese

WHAT????? The Chinese bought Johnny Walker???? Is nothing sacred???   

I suppose the next thing I will hear is that the Japanese have started making whiskey !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Jawny

I had an unexpected instance of receiving what I believe was a counterfeit bottle of Johnnie Walker.  I’d never tried anything except red label.  I decided to try a "Double Black". The first clue was right in my face.  It was in sale for ₽1650.  This was ₽100 less than the same in a box.  I just made the assumption the box had been damaged, so they offered a discount.  When I got it home, I noticed the tamper proof plastic device was absent.  

I'm not that fussy about taste, so I couldn’t tell any difference, but it about as tasty as the red label.  I'm convinced it was a fake. 

savarity

Just like in this video, most of the reviews I've heard about the Blue label, seem to indicate it's overpriced for what it is. I don't really know.

Rustan's at Ayala had Bruichladdich, a very nice Islay scotch.

RedRanger
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, savarity said:

Just like in this video, most of the reviews I've heard about the Blue label, seem to indicate it's overpriced for what it is. I don't really know.

Rustan's at Ayala had Bruichladdich, a very nice Islay scotch.

I was in the Johnnie Walker store in Miami airport over Christmas time, they had the 50 year old was going for $3,600 USD.

Pretty cool little store, that had taste testing if you liked

lamoe

There is a difference usually with any of the expensive stuff if you're sipping (except grappa $50.00 a shot - still lighter fluid) but I'm not a sipper - more like a gulper

After a bottle of Boone's Farm ($0.99 / $0.79 on sale) / a 6 pack of Red White & Blue - $0.89 (made by PBR ) who cared?

Davaoeno
1 minute ago, lamoe said:

There is a difference usually with any of the expensive stuff if you're sipping (except grappa $50.00 a shot - still lighter fluid) but I'm not a sipper - more like a gulper

After a bottle of Boone's Farm ($0.99 / $0.79 on sale) / a 6 pack of Red White & Blue - $0.89 (made by PBR ) who cared?

Sorry Lamoe but we have to ask you not to post in this thread anymore! Your  taste in alcohol has reached a new low,- even for us !!

• Haha 3
lamoe
4 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Sorry Lamoe but we have to ask you not to post in this thread anymore! Your  taste in alcohol has reached a new low,- even for us !!

Didn't say I didn't the appreciate fine stuff when I have sipped - have found for me though, that like Coors  - sometimes the hype didn't live up to reality - especially in wines :tease:

• Like 1