JohnSurrey

New Bus Service - Leyte

JohnSurrey

The guys running the van's who have been ripping everyone off here for the past x years ... are twiddling their thumbs at the terminal waiting for passengers !

I even heard the Vans have now put on a service direct to Robinson's Mall for 70 peso!

• Like 1

samatm

That's, cool.   The vans are death traps.   Always hated riding them. 

Jester

After a death defying,  adrenalin pumping van ride that proved the laws of physics wrong from Ormac to Naval.  I asked the driver if his grandfather was a Kamikaze pilot.  Yes Sir he said with a big smile. 

The nice thing about bus's in the P's is more people have the opportunity to die at the same time!:oldtimer:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Soupeod

There are some crazy Van drivers.  I usually ask them to slow down and they comply. Also, I have hired them independently to take me to point B with no issues.  

• Like 1

Salty Dog
7 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

The guys running the van's who have been ripping everyone off here for the past x years

Crazy drivers yes, but I always thought the fees were reasonable... 

A couple of hours trip is less than a taxi ride in a big city...

• Like 2

Jawny

The van drivers are extremely aggressive and not just with speeding. They will pass at dangerous locations, tailgate quite aggressively, and never insist passengers use seatbelts.  When there are incidents, they are frequently with fatalities.

The drivers have the van for the day, and the route to travel.  The more of the trips, v/v they can accomplish in a single day, the more income.  I believe this is also true for the bus crews in this area.  

Since these newer buses operate fixed hours (5:30 to last trip 6:30), I’m guessing they have no incentive to speed their trips. From what I’ve seen so far, these drivers seem to drive at moderate speeds and make safe decisions as they encounter traffic. 

I wish them the best as it may reduce some of the wild traffic in this area.  

• Like 3

seanm
Posted (edited)

Also, Ormoc City is going to introduce 10 taxis in the city (there currently are no taxis, everyone just takes a tricycle if one needs a ride) 

I don't understand the need for taxis...... But maybe the venture will be successful

Edited by seanm

Jawny

I welcome taxis as an alternative to the tricycles.  Traffic in Ormoc is not especially bad, but there are some locations I prefer to avoid driving to just because of the congestion or difficulty parking.  Now with taxis available, I’d likely use them sometimes just to avoid the hassles.  I can also see them as a useful way to get from the ferry terminal to nearby parking or bus facility.   

• Like 1