PAL conveys apology to American musician for ‘overweight’ baggage

lamoe
4 hours ago, sierra01 said:

I've got the same scale as that, I've always found it to be pretty close to what the check in scales at Heathrow say.

Almost all digital devices +/- 1 on last digit or 1.5% of total - depends on quality of circuits

wondersailor

Have you ever noticed that when a business' scale is off, 99% of the time it's at the customer's expense ? Purely by chance, I'm sure.

Ozepete
On 7/9/2019 at 12:30 PM, bert said:

yes seen the same with australian air lines in the scales  100% wrong

I fly somewhere most weeks usually within Australia but overseas as well and have never had a weigh in that was not near identical to my prior check and that includes the Phils where we visit four to five times a year. Also most airports including all Oz terminals have lots of weighing points where customers can freely pre-check their weights.  To suggest that an international airline company is having their staff tweak the scales to rip people off is laughable and insulting. Any such device can go out of calibration and all that ti needed is to check your baggage weights before getting to check-in and if there is a marked difference just ask to be weighed on another scale... simple and doesn't need 'a www expose' for fecks sake! :snap:

lamoe
2 hours ago, Ozepete said:

I fly somewhere most weeks usually within Australia but overseas as well and have never had a weigh in that was not near identical to my prior check and that includes the Phils where we visit four to five times a year. Also most airports including all Oz terminals have lots of weighing points where customers can freely pre-check their weights.  To suggest that an international airline company is having their staff tweak the scales to rip people off is laughable and insulting. Any such device can go out of calibration and all that ti needed is to check your baggage weights before getting to check-in and if there is a marked difference just ask to be weighed on another scale... simple and doesn't need 'a www expose' for fecks sake! :snap:

Very true about the 'going out of calibration especially here due to humidity and pollution - but routine maintenance should take care of that    -  riiiight

Also noticed gender of person being weighed can affect reading.

We had separate bathrooms  - her scale invariably read 5 pounds lower than mine :scratch_head: