to_dave007

Death of a Canadian Friend and St Peters Funeral Homes Help with Ashes

Dafey

Sorry for your loss Dave. Know that the likes on this thread are for you taking the time to document this process. Good info here and can be very useful for us in the future.

• Like 4

cookie47
2 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

It may sound inappropriate, but airport security MUST be able to x-ray the container and there MUST be nothing inside that will raise security alarms, as they will NOT open human remains for further inspection. 

Sad... but Thanks for this excellent info. 

FYI and others,,my wife and i did this in the opposite direction. My SIL cremated in Australia, Ashes travelled to PH in hand carry as advised by crematorium.. No issues whatsoever with security. Just advised what it was. They were very accommodating. 

• Like 2

Gus

Have had a similar experience with St Peters ..
NZ man living on Bantayan Island ,died on the ferry between Ste Fe and Hagnaya ..taken to Bogo hospital ..
My friend Richard ( also kiwi ,and also now sadly passed ) coordinated with family and St Peters to achieve the same result as you outline Dave.
A few months later Richard was travelling to NZ and took the ashes to the family.
I went with him to St Peters where they had been holding the urn.
This is only a third hand report, but my observation was that St Peters staff and service , was efficient , respectful, affordable , and really really helpful.
Condolences on the loss of your friend Dave .

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• Like 2

SkyMan

RIP Neil.

• Like 1

Tradewindze

Was there ever a discussion or offer of a representative of the family coming to the PH to assist in the process ?

to_dave007
3 hours ago, Tradewindze said:

Was there ever a discussion or offer of a representative of the family coming to the PH to assist in the process ?

Karen..  Neil's daughter..  was the one most interested to come.  But her husband was not comfortable with her travelling to Philippines without accompanying her.   You know how dangerous they all think it is back home.  But it means two tickets needed not one. Karen is out of work (company out of business) but her husband is working (after being laid off for some months).  But the cost of coming..  with the added LOSS of income..  would hurt.

Nonetheless, Neil's daughter and her husband were making final plans to travel to see her father when the news of her death reached her.  They didn't make the final booking.. and didn't come.

They COULD have come to help..  but money is tight throughout the family.  Karen decided to save the costs of the tickets..  so that the "costs" that would be incurred could be paid.  For me..  would likely have been a lot MORE work if they had come..  as they wouldn't know what to do or where to go..  so I would likely have needed to babysit them.  As it is..  by email and Western Union everything went pretty smooth.

• Like 4