Jump to content
Tradewindze

Financial Reserves of Asian Countries

Recommended Posts

Tradewindze

3EDFE4AC-D093-4CEF-B7B5-6B711A73EB17.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozepete

Jeeeezus no wonder so many of you yanks are hiding in da Filipinas!!!  :nea: Come on, cough up you buggers! :baseballbat:     

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeyMike

Suckers.... (just kidding).

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wondersailor

Why do you think a number of countries are afraid of the US? They are afraid we might default. Our secret doomsday weapon. Nuclear weapons are old hat 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salty Dog
8 hours ago, Tradewindze said:

3EDFE4AC-D093-4CEF-B7B5-6B711A73EB17.png

Could you please provide a link to your source… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

Oz and Canada need to pitch in a little more I think, the UK is making you look bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozepete
29 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Oz and Canada need to pitch in a little more I think, the UK is making you look bad.

Nar, we backed off, they are looking like a bad risk! Specially with Burnie as the next Pres!  :crazy: Besides you bastards haven't paid us for pinching our vegemite yet!  :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

Only 27% of the US national debt is owed to other countries. The rest (73%) is owed to the US public. For years he federal government has been borrowing against its own trust funds. Almost half is owed to Social Security funds. Large portions are also owed to federal retirement funds, military retirement funds and Medicare funds. So, if anybody thinks the US government should default on its debts, they should really think about how that would affect their own futures. These funds were originally set up as protected trust funds, but over the years Congress has dipped a little here and a little there until the funds are mostly there in name only. 

2 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Nar, we backed off, they are looking like a bad risk! Specially with Burnie as the next Pres!  :crazy: Besides you bastards haven't paid us for pinching our vegemite yet!  :rofl:

What? I the US making chemical weapons again? 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Only 27% of the US national debt is owed to other countries. The rest (73%) is owed to the US public. For years he federal government has been borrowing against its own trust funds. Almost half is owed to Social Security funds. Large portions are also owed to federal retirement funds, military retirement funds and Medicare funds. So, if anybody thinks the US government should default on its debts, they should really think about how that would affect their own futures. These funds were originally set up as protected trust funds, but over the years Congress has dipped a little here and a little there until the funds are mostly there in name only… 

Sources please… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tradewindze
7 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Could you please provide a link to your source… 

A website called Howmuch.net and I think their source is the US Dept of the Treasury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tradewindze

Perhaps this is a false sense of security, but having issuing control of the worlds strongest currency coming from the worlds strongest economy and a very stable, (despite gridlocked)  political system gives the US far more credit worthiness breathing room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cgu

This is how the US sponsors their wealth, clever - paid by other countries. It is similar to the situation when the US got out of Bretton Woods, but of course nowadays is backed by fiat (or nothing). The higher the debt outside the US (public owned), the more the wealth is subsidized (or nearly for free - well a few cents on the dollar). That would be the reason for me to keep the trade imbalance high, otherwise you have to start to work for it:).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..