Goetz1965

Cheapest way to get another phone number to use long time

Goetz1965
Posted (edited)

As Im with postpaid plans until now I lost track about preapid a little ...

For doing business I need to use WhatsApp, but with so many contacts already using my number I want to seperate it a bit better.
That way I use WhatsApp Business with a new number - BUT - I dont need that number to make calls or texts or anything - and as its not used much I fear that one day I miss the time and the provider deletes the number. Like Globe who tells that unused prepaid numbers get deleted after 2 month.

Now I look for the cheapest way to keep my number alive - BUT REMEMBER - Im over 50 and forget things - that way buyig load every month will work a while but one day I will forget ...

Whats the CHEAPEST POSTPAID Plan you know guys ?

All I can find is a Smart Plan at 399 - but still way too expensive.

Or ae there any auto renewable promos in prepaid ?

Edited by Goetz1965

liquido

I just loaded 50p on my smart prepaid and it will last 1 year...So I assume the number should be good for a year even if you do not use it regularly..I knew a guy that left the country for 5 months and his number was still good with the year long load..If in doubt call *888 for prepaid...

Headshot

If you have a Globe sim and use prepaid, you can load a 300 peso load card into your phone, and it is good for one year ... so you don't have to remember much. I don't know if Smart has a similar perk for their 300 peso cards, but it would be worth asking, if you have a Smart sim. I don't make very many calls or texts on my phone, so 300 pesos lasts me quite a while.

Headshot

In any event, at 25 pesos a month, it is a pretty cheap way to keep a phone number active.

Woolf

The 1 year for the 300 ph load is for all telcos,  agreement  between telcos  and government 

Woolf
2 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Now I look for the cheapest way to keep my number alive - BUT REMEMBER - Im over 50 and forget things - that way buyig load every month will work a while but one day I will forget ...

dont you have a cell phone with a calendar  ???

set up a warning  there 

• Like 1

Woolf

you can topup your phone here :

https://www.lazada.com.ph/mobilerecharge.html

5% discount 

• Like 1

cookie47
you can topup your phone here :
https://www.lazada.com.ph/mobilerecharge.html
5% discount 
Yes,, Best "convenient" method I've found particularly when prepaid,, No scratchy cards to forget to buy/misplace. Top up in the comfort of your lounge room using CC that is already on file with Lazada, (Well that's in my case ),, Of course if you'd not the CC on file type its a problem. And a discount..

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

streak03

I use ding.com.  I can top up my or my wife's phone from anywhere that I have an internet connection.

Woolf
6 minutes ago, streak03 said:

I use ding.com.  I can top up my or my wife's phone from anywhere that I have an internet connection.

Do you get 5% discount with ding ??

With Lazada there is no problem loading Philippine cell phones from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection 

RangerUp
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

using CC that is already on file with Lazada, (Well that's in my case )

Think that's a good idea, lazada.ph keeping your credit card number on file?

• Like 1

streak03
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

Do you get 5% discount with ding ??

With Lazada there is no problem loading Philippine cell phones from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection 

Not sure about a discount, but its very convenient for me because I can load my numbers from Philippines, Afghanistan and Dubai as needed and I pay it with paypal.

• Like 1

cookie47
Think that's a good idea, lazada.ph keeping your credit card number on file?
Look, I understand your sentiment but.

I've been an ebay, and an on line user of a number of other outlets for years.whether it's Ebay, Lazada, Shoppe, or whoever the convenience outweighs risk.

In fact would giving a scooter driver P2000 cash(example only) be any safer.

Luckily were never been scammed possibly due to "mostly" using via pay pal.

We don't use our main account, only one set up for the specific purpose and only has just enough funds to cover the purchase at the time

But I do take your point.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk