onemoretry

Info on General Santos? More then the tuna ?

onemoretry
Posted (edited)

Hey,, I love explore all different places of this country and done a lot so far..now I will go a 4 days short trip to General Santos so I just will check if anyone in this great forum have any experience of visiting the capital of tuna or the close surroundings ? bad or good info is interesting...thx 

Edited by Dafey
  • Like 2

shadow
27 minutes ago, onemoretry said:

Hey,, I love explore all different places of this country and done a lot so far..now I will go a 4 days short trip to General Santos so I just will check if anyone in this great forum have any experience of visiting the capital of tuna or the close surroundings ? bad or good info is interesting...thx 

Been there several times, hate it more  and more each time. No desire to ever go back, just a creepy place.

Your mileage may vary, my opinion only.

• Like 2

onemoretry

i like all opinions..i saw so many bad ones on Camiguin so I start laughing....  but hey I dont know you people so its more interesting for everyone if specify what was bad or good so better tell that too haha

• Like 2

savarity

Seemed ok to me. Locals were very friendly.

No one usually talks to me in Cebu or Manila, but there in Gensan people were coming up and asking where I was from.

About 3-4 hours from Davao. The mall was nice. Hospital ok, but very limited. Small city, not too much to say about it. Very cheap trikes, 10p for a normal ride.

Stayed way up in City Heights area, felt province like. 900p a night with free breakfast. Taxi driver tried to scam me going back to the bus station, got out and switched to a trike, no problem.

• Like 3

Davaoeno

I was in Gensan 2 weeks ago on my way to Sarbay .  Due  to a scheduling problem I spent 5 hours on a Saturday at the Gmall . In the 5 hours that I was in the mall i did not see a single foreigner .  And the mall was packed !   On my trip to Glan and back I did not see a single foreigner. I have lived in Davao for 9 years and there has never been a time when I was out and about and did not see any foreigners.    In fact, some people in Gensan did what no one in Davao does- they stared at me !!  As something unusual . 

• Like 7

onemoretry

Sounds like when I visit Zamboanga a few years ago... 😅

savarity

11 hours ago, onemoretry said:
Sounds like when I visit Zamboanga a few years ago...

Did you enjoy it? I've heard bad things about Zamboanga.

shadow
On 6/19/2019 at 9:32 PM, Davaoeno said:

I was in Gensan 2 weeks ago on my way to Sarbay .  Due  to a scheduling problem I spent 5 hours on a Saturday at the Gmall . In the 5 hours that I was in the mall i did not see a single foreigner .  And the mall was packed !   On my trip to Glan and back I did not see a single foreigner. I have lived in Davao for 9 years and there has never been a time when I was out and about and did not see any foreigners.    In fact, some people in Gensan did what no one in Davao does- they stared at me !!  As something unusual . 

Yes, they often stare at foreigners from behind covered faces. Creepy.

8 hours ago, savarity said:

I enjoyed Zamboanga, I met mostly happy and friendly people there.

Davaoeno

Out of the thousands and thousands of people that i saw i would say maybe only 3 ? had their faces covered .   Maybe the times they are a changing 

• Like 2

onemoretry
On 6/21/2019 at 12:01 AM, savarity said:

well let me put it like this...I not going back....I like Mindanao do and went to Davao and then slowly went up the coast to Surigao and love it.... now I wanna try go south from lovely Davao

• Like 2

Davaoeno

I always wanted to see the Sulu islands.  

• Haha 1

shadow
34 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I always wanted to see the Sulu islands.  

There used to be free rides offered to Sulu from Samal.

• Haha 2

Davaoeno
13 minutes ago, shadow said:

There used to be free rides offered to Sulu from Samal.

At first they were expensive and cost you an arm and a leg but they changed it to a simple head tax!

• Haha 4

RedRanger
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, onemoretry said:

i like all opinions..i saw so many bad ones on Camiguin so I start laughing....  but hey I dont know you people so its more interesting for everyone if specify what was bad or good so better tell that too haha

I dig Camiguin.  Would go back in heartbeat. I just try to explore new places each trip 

We took motorbikes from Digos City to General Santos a few months ago, took about 2 hours, had a pretty heavy rainstorm in the mountains so we pulled over for a while, the ride was pretty cool driving thru the mountains.

I only spent a little time in General Santos and I enjoyed it, I think it pretty much like Davao City was about 15 years ago, In my opinion it is a hidden gem and I didn't see any foreigner there.  I was impressed with the infrastructure and the roads seems to be large and not over crowded.   

• Like 4

onemoretry
On 6/23/2019 at 3:18 PM, RedRanger said:

I dig Camiguin.  Would go back in heartbeat. I just try to explore new places each trip 

We took motorbikes from Digos City to General Santos a few months ago, took about 2 hours, had a pretty heavy rainstorm in the mountains so we pulled over for a while, the ride was pretty cool driving thru the mountains.

I only spent a little time in General Santos and I enjoyed it, I think it pretty much like Davao City was about 15 years ago, In my opinion it is a hidden gem and I didn't see any foreigner there.  I was impressed with the infrastructure and the roads seems to be large and not over crowded.   

Yeah that why I was laughing...Camiguin is so far the place I repeatedly come back to... last 5 new years eve I spent there .... but i respect that we all think and like different... I hope to go up in the mountains from GenSan but weather will be in charge of it