Jump to content
onemoretry

Info on General Santos? More then the tuna ?

Recommended Posts

onemoretry
Posted (edited)

Hey,, I love explore all different places of this country and done a lot so far..now I will go a 4 days short trip to General Santos so I just will check if anyone in this great forum have any experience of visiting the capital of tuna or the close surroundings ? bad or good info is interesting...thx 

Edited by Dafey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
27 minutes ago, onemoretry said:

Hey,, I love explore all different places of this country and done a lot so far..now I will go a 4 days short trip to General Santos so I just will check if anyone in this great forum have any experience of visiting the capital of tuna or the close surroundings ? bad or good info is interesting...thx 

Been there several times, hate it more  and more each time. No desire to ever go back, just a creepy place.

Your mileage may vary, my opinion only.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onemoretry

i like all opinions..i saw so many bad ones on Camiguin so I start laughing....  but hey I dont know you people so its more interesting for everyone if specify what was bad or good so better tell that too haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
savarity

Seemed ok to me. Locals were very friendly.

No one usually talks to me in Cebu or Manila, but there in Gensan people were coming up and asking where I was from.

About 3-4 hours from Davao. The mall was nice. Hospital ok, but very limited. Small city, not too much to say about it. Very cheap trikes, 10p for a normal ride.

Stayed way up in City Heights area, felt province like. 900p a night with free breakfast. Taxi driver tried to scam me going back to the bus station, got out and switched to a trike, no problem.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

I was in Gensan 2 weeks ago on my way to Sarbay .  Due  to a scheduling problem I spent 5 hours on a Saturday at the Gmall . In the 5 hours that I was in the mall i did not see a single foreigner .  And the mall was packed !   On my trip to Glan and back I did not see a single foreigner. I have lived in Davao for 9 years and there has never been a time when I was out and about and did not see any foreigners.    In fact, some people in Gensan did what no one in Davao does- they stared at me !!  As something unusual . 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onemoretry

Sounds like when I visit Zamboanga a few years ago... 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
savarity

 

11 hours ago, onemoretry said:
Sounds like when I visit Zamboanga a few years ago...

 

Did you enjoy it? I've heard bad things about Zamboanga.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
On 6/19/2019 at 9:32 PM, Davaoeno said:

I was in Gensan 2 weeks ago on my way to Sarbay .  Due  to a scheduling problem I spent 5 hours on a Saturday at the Gmall . In the 5 hours that I was in the mall i did not see a single foreigner .  And the mall was packed !   On my trip to Glan and back I did not see a single foreigner. I have lived in Davao for 9 years and there has never been a time when I was out and about and did not see any foreigners.    In fact, some people in Gensan did what no one in Davao does- they stared at me !!  As something unusual . 

Yes, they often stare at foreigners from behind covered faces. Creepy.

8 hours ago, savarity said:

Did you enjoy it? I've heard bad things about Zamboanga.

I enjoyed Zamboanga, I met mostly happy and friendly people there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

Out of the thousands and thousands of people that i saw i would say maybe only 3 ? had their faces covered .   Maybe the times they are a changing 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onemoretry
On 6/21/2019 at 12:01 AM, savarity said:

 

 

Did you enjoy it? I've heard bad things about Zamboanga.

 

well let me put it like this...I not going back....I like Mindanao do and went to Davao and then slowly went up the coast to Surigao and love it.... now I wanna try go south from lovely Davao

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

I always wanted to see the Sulu islands.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
34 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I always wanted to see the Sulu islands.  

There used to be free rides offered to Sulu from Samal.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
13 minutes ago, shadow said:

There used to be free rides offered to Sulu from Samal.

At first they were expensive and cost you an arm and a leg but they changed it to a simple head tax!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedRanger
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, onemoretry said:

i like all opinions..i saw so many bad ones on Camiguin so I start laughing....  but hey I dont know you people so its more interesting for everyone if specify what was bad or good so better tell that too haha

I dig Camiguin.  Would go back in heartbeat. I just try to explore new places each trip 

We took motorbikes from Digos City to General Santos a few months ago, took about 2 hours, had a pretty heavy rainstorm in the mountains so we pulled over for a while, the ride was pretty cool driving thru the mountains.

I only spent a little time in General Santos and I enjoyed it, I think it pretty much like Davao City was about 15 years ago, In my opinion it is a hidden gem and I didn't see any foreigner there.  I was impressed with the infrastructure and the roads seems to be large and not over crowded.   

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onemoretry
On 6/23/2019 at 3:18 PM, RedRanger said:

I dig Camiguin.  Would go back in heartbeat. I just try to explore new places each trip 

We took motorbikes from Digos City to General Santos a few months ago, took about 2 hours, had a pretty heavy rainstorm in the mountains so we pulled over for a while, the ride was pretty cool driving thru the mountains.

I only spent a little time in General Santos and I enjoyed it, I think it pretty much like Davao City was about 15 years ago, In my opinion it is a hidden gem and I didn't see any foreigner there.  I was impressed with the infrastructure and the roads seems to be large and not over crowded.   

 

Yeah that why I was laughing...Camiguin is so far the place I repeatedly come back to... last 5 new years eve I spent there .... but i respect that we all think and like different... I hope to go up in the mountains from GenSan but weather will be in charge of it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..