sierra01

UK tourist or visit visa.

sierra01

Instead of me visiting her next year for 3 weeks i thought I can maybe get her to the UK for a few months instead.  Ive been advised to use an agent, anyone know of a good one in Cebu?  She's 36yo.  She doesnt work because i support her so no payslips or employer letter.  No property ownership, no kids.  Im feeling depressed just writing this lol

• Like 1

Dafey

@shadow is our go to guy. He has great advice and knows the ins and outs.

Good luck!

• Like 2

shadow
1 minute ago, Dafey said:

@shadow is our go to guy. He has great advice and knows the ins and outs.

Good luck!

Thanks, but we only do US visas. Too much information for one person to specialize in more than one country, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Barryrio
Posted (edited)

Not wishing to put a dampener on this idea, but we currently have a chap from Sussex staying at out B&B in Valencia (Dumaguete). He is 53 yrs old, has a house on the banks of the Thames and a very good job. He has been in a stable relationship with a lass here of about the same age as yours for a number of years. Her circumstances are pretty similar to those you describe for your partner. He has applied twice for a visitor visa to the UK and been turned down twice. Soon as they covered one exigency that was supposedly missing form his first application they produced a different reason for refusal. He does not give up easily and is now pushing through for a third attempt. Be prepared for a lot of hitches and frustration. Very annoying when one considers that a refugee from just about anywhere gets the red carpet treatment but not much we can do about that. I wish you all the best nevertheless and hope you succeed in bucking the trend! 

Edited by Barryrio
Misspelled words!
  • Like 4

Paddy

I have no doubt it would be a simple process if she had a job, bank account with a good balance, a house and children (ideally the job would be with an international company). 

Otherwise, the situation seems to be similar to Canada. A tourist visa to Canada is only likely to be issued if Immigration Canada are satisfied that the visitor will leave Canada at the right time. Unfortunately, Immigration Canada DO NOT tell you how you can prove, or even present a reasonable chance, that your visitor will leave. I could not find any official guidance on this. Filipinas, as a group, seem to have blotted  their copybook in this respect for several countries  

i have heard and read of successful attempts but I still have no idea what those people did that “worked” .

I also know a Filipina manager from my last company did get a Canadian Tourist visa without any issues - but then she had previously worked onshore in the UK and USA on assignment for the company. She also had the house, hubby, kids, bank account, attorney father etc etc

• Like 1

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Unfortunately, Immigration Canada DO NOT tell you how you can prove, or even present a reasonable chance, that your visitor will leave. I could not find any official guidance on this. Filipinas, as a group, seem to have blotted  their copybook in this respect for several countries  

Same in the US, they don't want to provide a roadmap.  Ok, put down this, this, and this, and you get a visa.

Davaoeno
Posted (edited)

its been discussed before

https://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/94627-canada-not-my-favourite-country-right-now/?do=findComment&comment=1261738

This reference is of course about Canada and has nothing at all to do with the UK. It seems someone tools us badly off topic lol

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sierra01

Any recommendations of which visa agent to talk to?

Paddy
7 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

badly off topic lol

I disagree. Slightly maybe (UK vs Canada) but it’s the same problem. 

A woman with no property, no cash, no kids, traveling on a Philippines passport is considered by these countries as an overstay risk. 

A visa agent may have the secret sauce to succeed. If anyone on this forum has it, please share. 

With respect to finding such an agent, in Manila or Cebu I would find a decent looking travel agent (or a Carlson Wagon Lit type company) and go in and ask. Elsewhere, caveat emptor. 

• Like 2

Paddy

To add to the above, the challenge is to satisfy the immigration authorities of the UK, Canada, USA etc. that the visa applicant has sufficient ties to their home country that will cause them to return in a timely manner. 

None of these authorities publish the criteria that they use to determine whether they are satisfied or not. 

An experienced visa agent may well be able to infer said criteria based on successful and unsuccessful applications. They may also have established personal relationships with the “right” people at embassies and get guidance. 

No matter what, there is still no guarantee from an agent. The final decision rests with the immigration officer at arrival. 

• Like 1

Soupeod

I think the US, UK, Can...Aus are probably pretty close on rules.

US wise even if she did get a visa she could be stopped in Can or Germany and asked for further proof. 

• Like 1

Jawny
11 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

I think the US, UK, Can...Aus are probably pretty close on rules.

US wise even if she did get a visa she could be stopped in Can or Germany and asked for further proof. 

Why would a traveler with a USA visa be stopped in Canada or Germany and asked for proof (of what?). 

Soupeod
8 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Why would a traveler with a USA visa be stopped in Canada or Germany and asked for proof (of what?). 

Because the US has TSA there as well. Another layer of bullsh.

Paddy
1 minute ago, Soupeod said:

Because the US has TSA there as well. Another layer of bullsh.

Well no actually. It just means you clear US customs and immigration somewhere other than in the US. Once clear, you’re basically traveling “domestic”. 

Having said that, going through US customs and immigration at Toronto, especially on a working visa, can be a real pain. 

• Like 1