Ozepete

Does everything need to be wrapped, secure like Fort Knox??

Ozepete

Get into the nice warm shower, look for the soap and its gone. A nude dash to the cupboard to get more but there they are, a six pack wrapped in tough plastic like its ready to ship to the moon!  Back to the shower and try to get at that bloody soup! First to attack the six pack wrap.. nearly need a bloody chainsaw to cut it open. Much slipping, dropping, cursing and finally the separate soap pack is exposed but its also wrapped in tough plastic so away we go again, teeth (what's left of hem), slippery fingers trying to tear the packing until finally success.  All this rootin' around just to get a cake of soap!

Now is it just me gettin' old and more cantankerous or are these manufacturers selling us more packing than product?  :scratch_head:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Davaoeno
6 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Get into the nice warm shower, look for the soap and its gone. A nude dash to the cupboard to get more but there they are, a six pack wrapped in tough plastic like its ready to ship to the moon!  Back to the shower and try to get at that bloody soup! First to attack the six pack wrap.. nearly need a bloody chainsaw to cut it open. Much slipping, dropping, cursing and finally the separate soap pack is exposed but its also wrapped in tough plastic so away we go again, teeth (what's left of hem), slippery fingers trying to tear the packing until finally success.  All this rootin' around just to get a cake of soap!

Now is it just me gettin' old and more cantankerous or are these manufacturers selling us more packing than product?  :scratch_head:

Damn !  You  have almost as much fun in the shower as I did with Mary Beth in Grade 11 !!

[ I didnt get that package open either!]

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Dafey

I'm guessing the humidity gets to so many things and could disintegrate soap. But...same things with hotdogs...they all have condoms!  

• Like 1

cookie47
8 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

nearly need a bloody chainsaw to cut it open. 

I though it was me only. "Dove" soap in our household. I think the plastic packaging was designed for the space shuttle. Slippery, Tough as. Teeth no good particularly when there sitting in a glass haha.. 

I'm also finding 3 in one coffee needs scissors even though it's got an area to tear.. Nahhhhh... 

• Like 2

SkyMan

I always run into that when taking a shower in a hotel and yeah, my hands are wet I'm trying to open this tiny package of soap packaged to survive the next ice age. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

rizla

Same in China, I like a chinese brand of biscuits, but given up one them as they have multilayer packaging that takes a swiss army knife to get into, then open the sealed box, remove a plastic tray holding the biscuits, use knife to remove the plastic around plastic tray, each biscuit is individually wrapped and a huge box that has taked 15 minutes to open contains just 6 bloody biscuits. I'll stick with a banana.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sierra01

Shower gel?

Headshot
2 hours ago, sierra01 said:

Shower gel?

Yeah, I haven't had any problems unwrapping soap since I switched to Irish Spring shower gel. It also doesn't leave a mess in the bathroom (as long as I close it after getting some gel out).

• Like 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Yeah, I haven't had any problems unwrapping soap since I switched to Irish Spring shower gel. It also doesn't leave a mess in the bathroom (as long as I close it after getting some gel out).

Does it last longer than the bars? I was getting Irish Spring bars but I think they start dissolving after first use and I was getting maybe 7-10 showers. I use Safeguard now and get at least twice the use out of it.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

Headshot
45 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Does it last longer than the bars? I was getting Irish Spring bars but I think they start dissolving after first use and I was getting maybe 7-10 showers. I use Safeguard now and get at least twice the use out of it.

How long shower gel lasts is dependent on how much you use for each shower, There is no waste unless you use too much gel.

rfm010

I have some 7 inch nicholson tin snips specifically dedicated to the task of opening packages.  Work like a charm, get a lot of use.  

Didnt need them for mary beth though, she was easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sierra01
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Is the financial hit so big its become an issue?

• Haha 1

SkyMan
21 minutes ago, sierra01 said:

Is the financial hit so big its become an issue?

If I was to have wasteful expenditures in some area of my finances I would probably not pick soap.

• Haha 2

Soupeod
On 6/15/2019 at 1:19 PM, rizla said:

Same in China, I like a chinese brand of biscuits, but given up one them as they have multilayer packaging that takes a swiss army knife to get into, then open the sealed box, remove a plastic tray holding the biscuits, use knife to remove the plastic around plastic tray, each biscuit is individually wrapped and a huge box that has taked 15 minutes to open contains just 6 bloody biscuits. I'll stick with a banana.

All this in the shower! 😮 

• Haha 1

Paddy

I love it when you guys talk dirty about all the different brands you can buy on a regular basis. Here in Masbate it’s “soap of the month” - assuming there’s any left!

• Like 4