Sign in to follow this  
Jim_in_Jax

Renewal of retiree dependent ID card(s)

Jim_in_Jax

I couldn't find any discussion on here about anyone who has mailed their DD1172 in for renewal of a dependent ID card.  We don't want to hassle with an appointment and trip to Manila.  I'd appreciate any pointers if anyone has done this.  I can't find very much information on what is required to be submitted besides a completed D1172 and a photo if it is only a renewal of a card for a dependent that is already enrolled in DEERS.  Are their any other documents I need to send?  Do we need to send in the expiring ID card?  We plan to send the request to the address in Hawaii provided on the US Embassy Manila website.

Any pointers or info anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Headshot

Sorry. We just took a trip to Singapore, so we stopped at the Pass and ID Section at the US Navy Facility in Sembawang, and took care of my wife's ID card there. If anybody does that, make sure that you have your wife's SSN or ITIN with you in addition to her old ID card. The Pass and ID section is just inside the entrance to their Navy Exchange (if anybody is looking for it on Google Maps).