Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Oak Island (money pit) update

lamoe

SkyMan

Is this a new episode early release or something? 

Jester

The only treasure at Oak Island is advertising dollars.  

lamoe
10 hours ago, Jester said:

The only treasure at Oak Island is advertising dollars.  

Or one heck of a practical joke

SkyMan
15 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Is this a new episode early release or something? 

Actually, I think it's an old episode, or part of one. 

1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Or one heck of a practical joke

That's why I think there is, or at least was, something significant on the island. They have found some items to indicate a lot of very old activity on there already.  In the video above they found 17th century English coins and also Spanish coins of similar age. The money pit itself wasn't discovered until the late 18th century.  While the date of the coins only shows the coin's age and not when it was lost, it doesn't make sense someone would take 100 plus year old coins to the island to lose them.  

The other significant finds in my opinion are the human bone fragments they discovered about 150ft down, proving that some excavation was going on.  

Sadly, this very interesting story is marred by the "reality tv" mentality with constant repetitive replays, misleading previews,  and narration. I guess they have to fill their time slot somehow but it makes it harder to watch. 

• Like 2

lamoe
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Sadly, this very interesting story is marred by the "reality tv" mentality with constant repetitive replays, misleading previews,  and narration. I guess they have to fill their time slot somehow but it makes it harder to watch. 

Capone's vault scripting - maybe, possibly, could be, etc.

Would like to see what the age of 140 feet down is in geological terms

https://www.oakislandmoneypit.com/

Site debunking the pit

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Oak_Island_money_pit

money-pit-sign.jpg

liquido

What a waste of time to watch..If they strike gold the world will know and that will be the last episode and I may consider watching the last episode..

• Like 2

SkyMan

Well, I don't think they're just going to find something and quit. I imagine a good find would be drawn out for several episodes if not a season or more.  They've already found more than Geraldud did.  

I read the the Reader's Digest article mentioned though not on the published date cause I was like 4. But 6 or 8 years later a friend had a copy and the story intrigued me.  

I watch more from an engineering standpoint like what would I do differently.  Like if I were going to send a diver down a murky well that I thought was connected to the sea by some kind of flood tunnel, I would first pump thousands of gallons of clean water into the well so he could see something.  I find all the theories of what is there and why a bunch of bother and doesn't matter.  I think it's likely something of high value is or was there but you need to find it before developing all these theories of how it got there. 

Jester
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Actually, I think it's an old episode, or part of one. 

That's why I think there is, or at least was, something significant on the island. They have found some items to indicate a lot of very old activity on there already.  In the video above they found 17th century English coins and also Spanish coins of similar age. The money pit itself wasn't discovered until the late 18th century.  While the date of the coins only shows the coin's age and not when it was lost, it doesn't make sense someone would take 100 plus year old coins to the island to lose them.  

The other significant finds in my opinion are the human bone fragments they discovered about 150ft down, proving that some excavation was going on.  

I was at the beach one day and this old guy ( I'm 71 so when I say old!) comes down the beach with a metal detector so I tossed some coins in the sand just to see the look on his face.  He turned about a foot before he got to them ruining my enjoyment.

If I owned Oak island or had some commercial interest in it, I can promise they would be finding little chunks of gold and old coins, broken old spoons etc  all over the place! 

Edited by Jester
  • Haha 1