cookie47

Although I did conduct one speed test and appreciate what TimL says

(just to keep an interest in this thread)

However,

My "real world" experience is 4 hours World Cup cricket from the UK every night without a glitch. In fact you would be hard pressed to know that it's an internet based TV unless you were told.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

lamoe

'not pure fiber' was comment by cus serv when I asked how condo maint could be trusted to run the line

When run I will look at it

• Like 1

shadow
44 minutes ago, TimL said:

Unless your just surfing content that is actually on PLDT or Globe whichever you may have, choosing a Speedtest PLDT to PLDT or Globe to Globe is rather pointless. Choose something for another carrier or another Country. I generally choose something in the US since that’s where the majority of the sites that I use are located. That will give you a much better idea of your actual throughput outside of the PH. 

I do however use PLDT to PLDT to drill down problems. Ie. PLDT to Cebu which is often speedtests initial load anyway since i’m In Cebu, is almost always awesome. Then I test to Makati, Pampanga, Manila etc. to see if/where the actual slowdown is occurring. If all of those are cool, I branch to other Countries. Using this method you can pretty much diagnose for PLDT where they are falling apart before you even call them. 

Well, I figure going Globe to the nearest Globe server will be the fastest possible speed that I can get, everything else will be slower, so not pointless at all!

• Like 1

TimL
1 hour ago, shadow said:

Well, I figure going Globe to the nearest Globe server will be the fastest possible speed that I can get, everything else will be slower, so not pointless at all!

Of course, that would be your fastest point but only useful as a reference to the first hop being okay. All the content you surf for isn’t likely on Globes first hop and likely not on Globe at all unless your surfing local sites. That was my point, you need to get off of Globe to see how they are doing with connections elsewhere in the world where you are loading sites from. I have 200mb/s with PLDT and get over that in my cebu to Cebu test. Going to makati can drop me to less then a 100 sometimes so I know that there’s an issue between Cebu and makati. If Cebu to makati is good but. Site that I am loading in Singapore, drop to 2mb/s I check other connections outside of PLDT. You can also do trace routes from your computer to your destination to see where things are slowing down as well.

The moral of my original post was that Globe to Globe or PLDT to PLDT will most likely always be decent. It’s within their own networks but, useless at the same time unless you are simply surfing local PH sites/content.

shadow
3 hours ago, TimL said:

Of course, that would be your fastest point but only useful as a reference to the first hop being okay. All the content you surf for isn’t likely on Globes first hop and likely not on Globe at all unless your surfing local sites. That was my point, you need to get off of Globe to see how they are doing with connections elsewhere in the world where you are loading sites from. I have 200mb/s with PLDT and get over that in my cebu to Cebu test. Going to makati can drop me to less then a 100 sometimes so I know that there’s an issue between Cebu and makati. If Cebu to makati is good but. Site that I am loading in Singapore, drop to 2mb/s I check other connections outside of PLDT. You can also do trace routes from your computer to your destination to see where things are slowing down as well.

The moral of my original post was that Globe to Globe or PLDT to PLDT will most likely always be decent. It’s within their own networks but, useless at the same time unless you are simply surfing local PH sites/content.

Here, if it will only make you happy;

image.thumb.png.22f68ae0f073b433686c6fc9817c81ad.png

image.thumb.png.471d5317c0e2e6c722df537368bc3486.png

It didn't quite work out that way, did it?

Woolf

@shadow

How much are you paying for that snail speed connection ?

shadow
2 minutes ago, Woolf said:

@shadow

How much are you paying for that snail speed connection ?

P700.

I have had several "agents" trying to upgrade us, but they cannot prove to me that they can do any better, and the cost is close to triple of that. I'm grandfathered in on this P700, and it is fine for us  speedwise as it is, when it works. In order to sign up for new account, I must first cancel this one. Not willing to do that. If they can't supply me with 1 MBPS, what makes them think they can supply me with 3 MBPS (or 5, etc.)?

• Thanks 2

lamoe
5 minutes ago, shadow said:

P700.

I have had several "agents" trying to upgrade us, but they cannot prove to me that they can do any better, and the cost is close to triple of that. I'm grandfathered in on this P700, and it is fine for us  speedwise as it is, when it works. In order to sign up for new account, I must first cancel this one. Not willing to do that. If they can't supply me with 1 MBPS, what makes them think they can supply me with 3 MBPS (or 5, etc.)?

It's a percentage game

"average speed of 80% with minimum of 30% at 80% reliability"

15MPS  = avg  12 MPS =  70%  @ 15 + 30% @ 4.5 ? approx = with 4.5 being the minimum and possibly 4.8  hours a day outage or 6 days a months :shocked:

shadow
15 minutes ago, lamoe said:

It's a percentage game

"average speed of 80% with minimum of 30% at 80% reliability"

15MPS  = avg  12 MPS =  70%  @ 15 + 30% @ 4.5 ? approx = with 4.5 being the minimum and possibly 4.8  hours a day outage or 6 days a months :shocked:

Personally, I would much rather have a steady and dependable 1 MBPS, than 10 MBPS 80% of the time.

1 MBPS is plenty fast for our usage, but I seldom get that.

• Like 2

lamoe
2 hours ago, shadow said:

Personally, I would much rather have a steady and dependable 1 MBPS, than 10 MBPS 80% of the time.

1 MBPS is plenty fast for our usage, but I seldom get that.

6.72.x 0.12 just now

hyaku

Always an amazing 4G connection here North of Leyte. Now its ranging from below normal to zero. Contacted by Globe  at home to check out my tattoo log in to find RSRP and RSRQ on low or just zero. I cant even log on the do speed test. Better connection early morning or the middle of the night. Seems to me that the system is totally overloaded and they cant cope any more.

In a way I am pleased. It's got me out of my chair to do more exercise and gardening. It really had got habitual and time consuming.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

lamoe
Posted (edited)

Cable installer just arrived - said he tried yesterday - never called to left us know 

Edited pic - for those of us too old to bend head too far to side:tease:

20190616_080158[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe

Salty Dog

Sorry guys, but I just can't help but show off...:biggrin_01:

Capture.JPG

• Sad 1

Soupeod
Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 7:42 PM, shadow said:

Mine was the normal whopping .7 MBPS until yesterday, right now it won't open any speed test pages. Sometimes it will open this site if I am patient, sometimes not.

I believe all the current Filipino telecoms use PLDT backbone cables, servers, etc.  I did a traceroute on my connection today and there were many packet losses and a slow down of data at four PLDT servers before my connection went through Hong Kong.  One of the causes of all of our poor connections.

If you open a command prompt in windows and type "ping 123.45.2.123" (What ever server you want to check your ping against google is 8.8.8.8 or something like that) you can see where your latency (lag), the .7 meg you mentioned might be happening at. 

9 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Sorry guys, but I just can't help but show off...:biggrin_01:

Capture.JPG

What is your latency (I'm guessing 30ms) here in the PI mine is 320ms. 

Edited by Soupeod

shadow

So blazin fast this mornin, the wires, they be smokin;

image.thumb.png.5aebd41618c7ee7f017f2e656dd7e1bf.png

• Haha 2