shadow

Anyone else having issues with Globe Broadband this morning? I can get (very slowly) into this site and email, but nothing else.

Jawny

Yes, very slow and intermittent.  Not uncommon in western Leyte, and using antenna for signal, not a hardwired connection.

lamoe
48 minutes ago, shadow said:

Anyone else having issues with Globe Broadband this morning? I can get (very slowly) into this site and email, but nothing else.

about 8 weeks now

'been fixed' 4 times :ROFLMAO:

Switching to PLDT fiber

PLDT wold not run cable - bldg maintenance doing it - but will finalize connection and verify signal

• Confused 1

liquido

When is that 3rd Telco coming online? Or?

lamoe
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, liquido said:

When is that 3rd Telco coming online? Or?

Just after that shiny new bldg to replace unit 2 in Carbon Market is done :sarcasm:

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

cookie47

). 

21 minutes ago, lamoe said:

about 8 weeks now

Switching to PLDT fiber

PLDT wold not run cable - bldg maintenance doing it - but will finalize connection and verify signal

Glade to here your connecting to PLDT. We are so happy with our service which is fiber, with Internet, Cignal package, (Cebu). We also in the package got a land line (sort of) (voip) which works well "But" as we are pensioners (or in other words have no jobs) and regardless of our financial status PLDT won't allow international calling. No way,,, after many calls to the 171 help line. According to my wife on one occasion the call center operator implied "well you might not be able to pay") Apparently we need a TIN number. Of coarse I can call my sister using my mobile,,,,,, , otherwise I have this useless piece of equipment that's only Good for calling local (once a month) if that. 

• Like 1

lamoe
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

). 

Glade to here your connecting to PLDT. We are so happy with our service which is fiber, with Internet, Cignal package, (Cebu). We also in the package got a land line (sort of) (voip) which works well "But" as we are pensioners (or in other words have no jobs) and regardless of our financial status PLDT won't allow international calling. No way,,, after many calls to the 171 help line. According to my wife on one occasion the call center operator implied "well you might not be able to pay") Apparently we need a TIN number. Of coarse I can call my sister using my mobile,,,,,, , otherwise I have this useless piece of equipment that's only Good for calling local (once a month) if that. 

Try Skype or one of the other video / voice programs

https://searchunifiedcommunications.techtarget.com/feature/Google-Hangouts-vs-Skype-A-comparative-look

• Like 1

cookie47
13 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Thanks,  have tried this.. I do have a Skype account but, hey, she's 77 this year. I told her I would buy her a computer, laptop, Android phone,,, and fly to the UK and teach her. 

But no, no, no, don't want one if those computer  "thingys". Stubborn Brit, haha, 

Getting off topic..... By

BossHog

Globe is frustrating as are all the telcos here. The help-lines make you want to eat a gun.

One thing I've learned is to immediately ask for a technician. They know what they're doing.

Also you can go to the control panel settings of your router. Often 3G will work better than the 4G. Try switching it off 'auto' to 3g and do some speed tests and see what works best.

• Like 1

shadow
1 hour ago, BossHog said:

Globe is frustrating as are all the telcos here. The help-lines make you want to eat a gun.

One thing I've learned is to immediately ask for a technician. They know what they're doing.

Also you can go to the control panel settings of your router. Often 3G will work better than the 4G. Try switching it off 'auto' to 3g and do some speed tests and see what works best.

I'm not 3G or 4G, I'm hardwired DSL broadband. The techies generally just shake their head, they are usually powerless to convince Manila they have a problem. They have been here twice since yesterday, nothing they can do except try to convince the powers that be...

• Like 2

Headshot
6 hours ago, lamoe said:

about 8 weeks now

Switching to PLDT fiber

Don't expect a huge improvement. We had PLDT for several years, and we had so many problems we finally switched over to Globe.

And yes ... my Globe line has had problems for the past few days as well.

Both systems have their problems.

• Like 3

cookie47
Don't expect a huge improvement. We had PLDT for several years, and we had so many problems we finally switched over to Globe.
It's funny, obviously location makes a huuuug difference. I guess as we are in a"fairly" new sub division 4 years since stage 1 started with 100% new equipment is helping, I guess we're lucky..

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

• Like 3

lamoe
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

True - difference is PLDT main office is within walked distance - Globe in Ayala says they don't Handel net problems.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dafey
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Our PLDT in Cebu city was awesome!

Globe is claiming that a ship/submarine dragged an anchor and cut 2 of their underwater cables. Thing is the service didn't go bad until a couple of months after!

shadow
2 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Our PLDT in Cebu city was awesome!

Globe is claiming that a ship/submarine dragged an anchor and cut 2 of their underwater cables. Thing is the service didn't go bad until a couple of months after!

Mine was the normal whopping .7 MBPS until yesterday, right now it won't open any speed test pages. Sometimes it will open this site if I am patient, sometimes not.

• Like 1