Jump to content
Rossco

Real cows milk in the city

Recommended Posts

Rossco

Hey, I found an old post about this topic but it was some 5 years back.

Does anyone know where I can find real fresh milk please, like the pasteurized stuff. I have found cartons here called fresh milk, but it doesnt even go in the fridge and lasts for months.

I don't have an S&R Subscription, dont know if its worth it just for buying milk for our child while I am here, but will if they definately have it.

I appreciate input? Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

S&R generally has milk from CA. But not cheap.  Cebu Dairies milk is good. It lasts maybe a week in the ref but only maybe 30 hours after opening.  Their nonfat is like 2%. I usually buy 3 liters and drink 1 on the way home.  Then 1/2 liter 4 of the next 6 days or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

Look up Cebu Federation of Dairy Cooperatives (or Cebu Dairy) on Google Maps. Then you will know where the only dairy in the Cebu metro area is located. You can buy milk and milk products directly from the dairy.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

Surely Cebu Federation has retail suppliers and doesnt require retail buyers to go to the dairy  just to buy milk ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimL

Hmmmm... interesting. Milk is one of the biggest things that I miss from the US. The dairy seems to be quite a haul from Mabolo though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
savarity

Rustans has imported refrigerated milk, but it's still UHT milk. Almost 300p per liter.

Haven't found a supplier of fresh milk around here yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raven

Can't see if OP is in Cebu or somewhere else...

Anyway Highland Fresh Market Service Areas:

Misamis Oriental

Camiguin

Misamis Occidental

Lanao del Norte

Lanao del Sur

Bohol

Cagayan de Oro

Cebu

CARAGA Region

Pagadian

Dipolog City

Dumaguete

NCR

HighlandFreshProducts.jpg

http://www.highlandfreshdairy.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rossco
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

S&R generally has milk from CA. But not cheap.  Cebu Dairies milk is good. It lasts maybe a week in the ref but only maybe 30 hours after opening.  Their nonfat is like 2%. I usually buy 3 liters and drink 1 on the way home.  Then 1/2 liter 4 of the next 6 days or so.

Awesome information thanks everyone. If I go to S & R, will two photocopies of documents do, or do they need to sight the originals also? Thank you very much,

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

Can't see if OP is in Cebu or somewhere else...

Anyway Highland Fresh Market Service Areas:

Misamis Oriental

Camiguin

Misamis Occidental

Lanao del Norte

Lanao del Sur

Bohol

Cagayan de Oro

Cebu

CARAGA Region

Pagadian

Dipolog City

Dumaguete

NCR

HighlandFreshProducts.jpg

http://www.highlandfreshdairy.com/

Is cebu city mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe

Didn't say where you are

Osemna heading to capital - right side of road - past McDos - next to hotdog stand - small refrig maned by bldg guard p40? small btl

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Surely Cebu Federation has retail suppliers and doesnt require retail buyers to go to the dairy  just to buy milk ??

When Cebu Dairies milk hits the shelves in the supermarkets, it seldom lasts very long before it is all gone (very limited supply). So, while they do sometimes supply regular supermarkets, their supply isn't big enough to actually keep milk on the shelves. The other problem is that, while supermarkets might like to have Cebu Dairies milk on their shelves, it has a very limited shelf life, and any product not sold quickly will go bad. As you well know, Filipino supermarkets aren't all that great at disposing of stocks after they reach their expiration dates. Most people here won't spend the extra money for real milk over UHT milk because they grew up on UHT milk and can't see where there is a problem. Those who do discriminate, snatch up whatever they think they can use before it goes bad.

1 hour ago, TimL said:

Hmmmm... interesting. Milk is one of the biggest things that I miss from the US. The dairy seems to be quite a haul from Mabolo though. 

If you don't want to drive to Consolacion for milk, then S&R is probably your only option. Cebu Dairy is the only local option, but you can get milk from New Zealand at S&R.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rossco

I'm here now. Is this the stuff :-) thanks heaps guys

Screenshot_20190613-125033_Gallery.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Surely Cebu Federation has retail suppliers and doesnt require retail buyers to go to the dairy  just to buy milk ??

They have delivery trucks. I would call and find out if they service your area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GBT62
4 hours ago, lamoe said:

Didn't say where you are

Osemna heading to capital - right side of road - past McDos - next to hotdog stand - small refrig maned by bldg guard p40? small btl

Yep  - 2nd that.   It is the only place I have reliably found real milk here in Cebu.

Not hard to locate once you know where - right next to McDonalds on Fuente Circle.

The "fresh organic" milk poster and small white fridge are showing at the right of the second pic.

Small water bottle size (500 or 600 ml) and unbranded. Am hoping it's cows milk - tastes fine :D

image.thumb.png.fdbf88dd7e6614d033d70a5a7d21404a.png

 

 

image.png.c030038ee36020a2139f419eaed5df91.png

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3

Cow milk is for calves. Grown up men drink beer :drink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey
7 hours ago, savarity said:

Rustans has imported refrigerated milk, but it's still UHT milk. Almost 300p per liter.

Haven't found a supplier of fresh milk around here yet.

That 6 dollars a liter or 24 a gallon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..