Rossco

Real cows milk in the city

Rossco

Hey, I found an old post about this topic but it was some 5 years back.

Does anyone know where I can find real fresh milk please, like the pasteurized stuff. I have found cartons here called fresh milk, but it doesnt even go in the fridge and lasts for months.

I don't have an S&R Subscription, dont know if its worth it just for buying milk for our child while I am here, but will if they definately have it.

I appreciate input? Thank you

SkyMan

S&R generally has milk from CA. But not cheap.  Cebu Dairies milk is good. It lasts maybe a week in the ref but only maybe 30 hours after opening.  Their nonfat is like 2%. I usually buy 3 liters and drink 1 on the way home.  Then 1/2 liter 4 of the next 6 days or so.

Headshot

Look up Cebu Federation of Dairy Cooperatives (or Cebu Dairy) on Google Maps. Then you will know where the only dairy in the Cebu metro area is located. You can buy milk and milk products directly from the dairy.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

Surely Cebu Federation has retail suppliers and doesnt require retail buyers to go to the dairy  just to buy milk ??

TimL

Hmmmm... interesting. Milk is one of the biggest things that I miss from the US. The dairy seems to be quite a haul from Mabolo though. 

savarity

Rustans has imported refrigerated milk, but it's still UHT milk. Almost 300p per liter.

Haven't found a supplier of fresh milk around here yet.

Raven

Can't see if OP is in Cebu or somewhere else...

Anyway Highland Fresh Market Service Areas:

Misamis Oriental

Camiguin

Misamis Occidental

Lanao del Norte

Lanao del Sur

Bohol

Cagayan de Oro

Cebu

CARAGA Region

Pagadian

Dipolog City

Dumaguete

NCR

HighlandFreshProducts.jpg

http://www.highlandfreshdairy.com/

Rossco
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

S&R generally has milk from CA. But not cheap.  Cebu Dairies milk is good. It lasts maybe a week in the ref but only maybe 30 hours after opening.  Their nonfat is like 2%. I usually buy 3 liters and drink 1 on the way home.  Then 1/2 liter 4 of the next 6 days or so.

Awesome information thanks everyone. If I go to S & R, will two photocopies of documents do, or do they need to sight the originals also? Thank you very much,

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

Can't see if OP is in Cebu or somewhere else...

Anyway Highland Fresh Market Service Areas:

Misamis Oriental

Camiguin

Misamis Occidental

Lanao del Norte

Lanao del Sur

Bohol

Cagayan de Oro

Cebu

CARAGA Region

Pagadian

Dipolog City

Dumaguete

NCR

HighlandFreshProducts.jpg

http://www.highlandfreshdairy.com/

Is cebu city mate

lamoe

Didn't say where you are

Osemna heading to capital - right side of road - past McDos - next to hotdog stand - small refrig maned by bldg guard p40? small btl

• Like 1

Headshot
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Surely Cebu Federation has retail suppliers and doesnt require retail buyers to go to the dairy  just to buy milk ??

When Cebu Dairies milk hits the shelves in the supermarkets, it seldom lasts very long before it is all gone (very limited supply). So, while they do sometimes supply regular supermarkets, their supply isn't big enough to actually keep milk on the shelves. The other problem is that, while supermarkets might like to have Cebu Dairies milk on their shelves, it has a very limited shelf life, and any product not sold quickly will go bad. As you well know, Filipino supermarkets aren't all that great at disposing of stocks after they reach their expiration dates. Most people here won't spend the extra money for real milk over UHT milk because they grew up on UHT milk and can't see where there is a problem. Those who do discriminate, snatch up whatever they think they can use before it goes bad.

1 hour ago, TimL said:

Hmmmm... interesting. Milk is one of the biggest things that I miss from the US. The dairy seems to be quite a haul from Mabolo though. 

If you don't want to drive to Consolacion for milk, then S&R is probably your only option. Cebu Dairy is the only local option, but you can get milk from New Zealand at S&R.

Rossco

I'm here now. Is this the stuff :-) thanks heaps guys

Screenshot_20190613-125033_Gallery.jpg

• Thanks 1

SkyMan
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

They have delivery trucks. I would call and find out if they service your area.

GBT62
4 hours ago, lamoe said:

Didn't say where you are

Osemna heading to capital - right side of road - past McDos - next to hotdog stand - small refrig maned by bldg guard p40? small btl

Yep  - 2nd that.   It is the only place I have reliably found real milk here in Cebu.

Not hard to locate once you know where - right next to McDonalds on Fuente Circle.

The "fresh organic" milk poster and small white fridge are showing at the right of the second pic.

Small water bottle size (500 or 600 ml) and unbranded. Am hoping it's cows milk - tastes fine :D

image.thumb.png.fdbf88dd7e6614d033d70a5a7d21404a.png

image.png.c030038ee36020a2139f419eaed5df91.png

• Like 2

RR3

Cow milk is for calves. Grown up men drink beer :drink:

smokey
7 hours ago, savarity said:

Rustans has imported refrigerated milk, but it's still UHT milk. Almost 300p per liter.

Haven't found a supplier of fresh milk around here yet.

That 6 dollars a liter or 24 a gallon?