Cebuandrew

I checked out the forums to find the right one. Closest I can find. Years ago, I got a Globe GCash pre-paid mastercard. I got it as an emergency card. Been in my suitcase for a year now, with p42k on it. Every month, I get a message from it, saying dey charging me a p50 piso charge for me not using it. No problem. 

Today, I start getting text messages that it is being used. P7,150, den P1,340...over and over again, until my balance is drained. Always same company it is used on. I rush to my only ATM here to take money out, but ATM is down. I call customer service number on card, but no way to talk to anyone. I Google, get phone numbers, call, and no way to talk to anyone. Right now, I can only email them. I have got a "dispute form" and filled it out...sent it back to them.

I'm fine financially, but this post is a warning to new people here who think about Globe Gcash. For a few years, it was nice. Convenient. But, I have a unique Pin number,  Unique. No way this should have happenned. Just my 2 cents of living in da Phils.

PlanB

They lost a P500 top up. The resolution process is terrible. They eventually just ignored me. Options are so limited I find myself forced to engage in services I would laugh at elsewhere.

Since then my disaster mitigation is to keep P2000 or less on it and only load it at a Globe Store- GCash Self Service Kiosk. It issues an immediate receipt and Globe employees are right there.

I use the card for Grab. The Grab TOS (terms of service) are so vague I don’t want to enter a real credit card into Grab. 

I personally would never expose P42K so lightly. Good for you to be so well funded. Thanks for the informative post. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

liquido

Sounds like an inside job to me..card has been sitting idle for over a year so the person must have left the country or is dead..Perfect account to drain..

• Like 1

Goetz1965

Gcash Hotline is crap - best way is to go to a Globe Shop and get help there.
If they tel you "bla bla bla" directly get the branch manager out and tell him its his job and if he doesn't like he could complain to his superior, not you.

• Like 1

Cebuandrew
3 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Gcash Hotline is crap - best way is to go to a Globe Shop and get help there.
If they tel you "bla bla bla" directly get the branch manager out and tell him its his job and if he doesn't like he could complain to his superior, not you.

Would be nice to go to a Globe store. Hmmmm...from my island, 90-minute boat, 4 1/2 hour bus, 20-minutes to SM City....

Cebuandrew
3 hours ago, liquido said:

Sounds like an inside job to me..card has been sitting idle for over a year so the person must have left the country or is dead..Perfect account to drain..

Wow, never thought of that angle. Makes good sense. Would seem to me that a prepaid master card would be secure. All the fraudulent transactions went to fbs.com, which I see is an online forex broker.