Sign in to follow this  
GwapoGuy

Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Investment A 'Once-In-A-Generation Opportunity'

GwapoGuy

Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Investment A 'Once-In-A-Generation Opportunity'

Billy Bambrough

Contributor

Crypto & Blockchain I write about how bitcoin, crypto and blockchain can change the world.

Bitcoin, which has exploded back into the public consciousness over the last few weeks following a huge surge in the bitcoin price, has again captured the attention of some of the world's biggest investors and traders.

The bitcoin price, which began the year at under $4,000 per bitcoin, has soared to highs of almost $9,000 at the beginning of this week—up a staggering 120% and causing many to predict a potential return to the all-time highs seen at the tail end of 2017. 

Now, trading veteran Glen Goodman, who successfully profited from shorting stocks and shares during the 2008 global financial crisis, has branded the rise of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies a "once-in-a-generation" investor opportunity and called on people to "grab it with both hands."

The rise of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies has been described by trader Glen Goodman as "one of the most extreme market events in all of human history."

Getty

"I've taken my years of trading experience and applied it to a brand-new market," Goodman wrote in his new book, The Crypto Trader. "Crypto is the Wild West of trading, and that means the risks, as well as the rewards, are greater."

Goodman's book comes as the bitcoin and cryptocurrency market is keenly awaiting institutional investment in the fledgling industry, with the world's biggest technology companies, including social media giants Facebook and Twitter, eyeing bitcoin and crypto as a potential new revenue driver.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2019/05/29/bitcoin-and-cryptocurrency-investment-a-once-in-a-generation-opportunity/#774db2262691

• Thanks 1

liquido

I feel better with the feelings of Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger towards Bitcoin.... 

savarity

Decentralized currency is a great thing. I believe it's useful and I'm glad it has had staying power.

That said, I don't want to "invest" in it. Certainly not with 120% gains one year and 85% losses the last year. Like "investing" in black on the roulette wheel. Maybe in a company providing services in crypto; with a good story, trustworthy management, and audited financials.

If bitcoin is at $2 per coin or $2,000,000 per coin, the item I'm using it to buy would still be priced in PHP, USD, etc. So no need to buy up bitcoins. And wild swings are quite a negative if using it for money transfer.

Irenicus

Damn, I was going to pick up a bitcoin a few months ago but never did.

ArgggghhhH!!

rfm010
13 hours ago, Irenicus said:

Damn, I was going to pick up a bitcoin a few months ago but never did.

ArgggghhhH!!

Understandable.  I'm at the age where if i have to bend down to pick it up it isnt worth it.