BossHog
Posted (edited)

We stayed here for three nights this past week. Place was chosen solely because of its proximity to the J Centre mall immigration office. The hotel is above the mall. Free shuttle from Mactan airport took twenty minutes both ways.

Rooms were a bit small for my liking but immaculately clean and well-organized (it's part of a massive Japanese hotel chain). 

Check-in/check out very efficient. They got nearly 600 rooms so it had better be.

If you're traveling with young kids, there's a water park on the 6th floor with those giant slides. Free for guests. 24h convenience store on the 6th floor as well

The breakfast buffet was sufficient but not exactly intimate. Think 300 people at a time eating breakfast off trays in a cafeteria setting. A bit jarring eating your breakfast with a few hundred strangers unless you've done prison time, I guess. Guests about 90% Korean/Japanese.

Five high-speed elevators couldn't keep up with all the people coming and going. Spent a lot of time waiting for the elevators.

Wife liked the place more than I did. But if you need the convenience of getting to immigration when they open at 8:30 AM then this is your spot. Especially if you got small kids. Pools and cafeteria very family friendly. 2k a night.

We'll stay somewhere else next time but I'd recommend the Toyoko Inn for the above reasons/circumstances.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

to_dave007

they have free airport shuttle as well.. on the hour..   and discount for loyalty card holders..  5% in week 10% on weekends..   I usually stay there the night before departure now..  

I dislike breakfast there..  edible..  just.

elevators are a pain.

rooms quite nice..  never a complaint about the rooms

I think immigration opens at 8..  not 8.30

Goetz1965

Its more a business style hotel - not really for holidays.

I found the mattreses are very hard, not nice to sleep on - but maybe that was because it had just opened 2 years ago.
Its only good when they offer a promo with free entrance to the waterpark - othrwise its totally overpriced, especially for the breakfast buffet!

mistaeric

I do the same of staying there the night before my departure.  I just dont understand people walking down hotel hallways talking loud at 7am without common sense kickin in that some people still might be sleeping! I hear they wont let you check in before 4pm and check out time is 10am. Rumor?

• Like 1

Cebuandrew
On 6/8/2019 at 11:50 AM, BossHog said:

We stayed here for three nights this past week. Place was chosen solely because of its proximity to the J Centre mall immigration office. The hotel is above the mall. Free shuttle from Mactan airport took twenty minutes both ways.

Rooms were a bit small for my liking but immaculately clean and well-organized (it's part of a massive Japanese hotel chain). 

Check-in/check out very efficient. They got nearly 600 rooms so it had better be.

If you're traveling with young kids, there's a water park on the 6th floor with those giant slides. Free for guests. 24h convenience store on the 6th floor as well

The breakfast buffet was sufficient but not exactly intimate. Think 300 people at a time eating breakfast off trays in a cafeteria setting. A bit jarring eating your breakfast with a few hundred strangers unless you've done prison time, I guess. Guests about 90% Korean/Japanese.

Five high-speed elevators couldn't keep up with all the people coming and going. Spent a lot of time waiting for the elevators.

Wife liked the place more than I did. But if you need the convenience of getting to immigration when they open at 8:30 AM then this is your spot. Especially if you got small kids. Pools and cafeteria very family friendly. 2k a night.

We'll stay somewhere else next time but I'd recommend the Toyoko Inn for the above reasons/circumstances.

I have looked at this hotel since it opened not long ago. 2 years? Great report. 4 years ago, I tried a hotel near JMall...Allure, and was not happy with the neighborhood.  Anyways Boss, thanks for that detailed report. Now I know.

• Like 2

to_dave007
6 hours ago, mistaeric said:

I hear they wont let you check in before 4pm and check out time is 10am. Rumor?

Check in is 4pm..  or 3pm if you have Toyoko card..  

Check out is 10am

• Like 1

BossHog

One thing I should've added....if your purpose of using this hotel is to get to BI quickly you can avoid the crowded bank of elevators.

What you do is head for the pool instead. You'll need your room key card to open the door. Just after passing through that door there's a single elevator that takes you directly to the ground floor garage. After a quick walk across the garage take another elevator to the second floor of the mall. This will let you out just a few steps from the BI office. Saves a bit of time and leg-work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
2 hours ago, BossHog said:

One thing I should've added....if your purpose of using this hotel is to get to BI quickly you can avoid the crowded bank of elevators.

What you do is head for the pool instead. You'll need your room key card to open the door. Just after passing through that door there's a single elevator that takes you directly to the ground floor garage. After a quick walk across the garage take another elevator to the second floor of the mall. This will let you out just a few steps from the BI office. Saves a bit of time and leg-work.

An addition on saving time - don't use garage elevator which will not operate until BI opens - on 1st one up

if you can walk up several flights of stairs - there is an outside entrance - last time there maybe 15 people waiting outside office

Don't remember directions from garage