Rexsmith

budget hotel with a safe near Fuent Circle

Rexsmith

My friend carries cash and not cards. Wants to come to Cebu but needs a budget hotel with a safe. Ideally walking distance to Robinson Mall near Fuent Circle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SomeRandomGuy

Tell him to look into airbnb.   You get some great deals and cheaper than hotels if you book in advance and why the hell would anyone want to stay near Fuente Circle? 

That is literally my leased favorite place in all of cebu to go other than the docks 

liquido
1 hour ago, SomeRandomGuy said:

why the hell would anyone want to stay near Fuente Circle? 

Dont know why but it seems to be the place where all the rookies like to stay..I know I did many moons back..

savarity

why the hell would anyone want to stay near Fuente Circle? 

That is literally my leased favorite place in all of cebu to go other than the docks 

Near to several hospitals and doctor's offices... my reason anyway.

Pillows hotel is about 1100p on agoda. Has a safe, close to Fuente.

Summit had a safe, literally inside Robinson Fuente, but not really a budget place. Well, depends on the budget.
  • Like 1

SomeRandomGuy
1 hour ago, liquido said:

Dont know why but it seems to be the place where all the rookies like to stay..I know I did many moons back..

Yeah Fair call.   I have noticed that also and I guess it is near all the action and with a whole heaps of things to do around both during the day and at night.

Just these days Airbnb is the absolute bomb, you can cook your own food which keeps costs down, get access to gyms and pools or whatever amenities condos have in them and quite a few have safes but each to their own and I will admit I am a bit of a bloody picky bastard when it comes to where I choose to stay or lay my head ( or more importantly what sort of other people may have laid their before me).

battleborn

Diplomat Hotel has safes.  Taxi are usually waiting outside.  I have stay there many times.

GwapoGuy
Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 6:21 PM, Rexsmith said:

My friend carries cash and not cards. Wants to come to Cebu but needs a budget hotel with a safe. Ideally walking distance to Robinson Mall near Fuent Circle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Still frequent Fuente for almost 15 years because it has it all. Mentioned this in another thread as Apple Tree Suites has one of the best safety deposit box setups in the city.

Located in a separate room behind the front desk is a bank of safety deposit boxes. Almost the kind you would see at a bank. Thick reinforced metal doors where it takes two keys (one that you keep and one the manager keeps) to open. They also keep a log every time a person accesses their box. The entire area is also covered by CCTV. Book early because their best rooms go quick. Less then a five minute walk to Robinson's.

Edited by GwapoGuy