SomeRandomGuy

Is Geckos shut down?

jimmyzr1
Posted (edited)

I’ve spoken with Billy and he is managing Ramos 301 bar in the Mango area now. He says his ex stole all his money, took the bar and all. He also said he would be upset if any of his old friends, customers frequented El Geckos bar. I don’t know Billy we’ll, but met him and seen him near my place in Talamban a month and a half ago when he was down on his luck. Luckily someone offered for him to manage their bar.

Edited by jimmyzr1
  • Like 2

seanm

I believe I just saw this bar featured recently on the Overstay Road Youtube. 

From the video it looked like the bar was doing alright. 

captainpete

will try in a few weeks always injoyed a beer there and the bands

captainpete
13 hours ago, seanm said:

I believe I just saw this bar featured recently on the Overstay Road Youtube. 

From the video it looked like the bar was doing alright. 

that was in March. 

SomeRandomGuy
On 7/4/2019 at 12:50 AM, jimmyzr1 said:

I’ve spoken with Billy and he is managing Ramos 301 bar in the Mango area now. He says his ex stole all his money, took the bar and all. He also said he would be upset if any of his old friends, customers frequented El Geckos bar. I don’t know Billy we’ll, but met him and seen him near my place in Talamban a month and a half ago when he was down on his luck. Luckily someone offered for him to manage their bar.

Well glad someone gave him something to do here then.   

I would hate to be one of those guys but Bloody hell he has been married a few times, i think he should give up that dream as it is obviously not working for him as the same thing has happened more than once. 

I personally not a huge fan of the bar as I was more of a fan back when Wayne had it and it was nice and quiet with a small group of lads that went there but he did make it profitable, I think. Well he liked to tell everyone it was but this is Billy we are talking about and he never does let the truth get in the way of a good yarn lol.

Ill go and see the bugger when I am back in Cebu in a month for work.  Thanks to all that replied

seanm
3 hours ago, captainpete said:

that was in March. 

You're right! My fault! I was a bit off lol

captainpete

That's ok mate I'll be there in early August give you latest info 

RedRanger
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:41 PM, SomeRandomGuy said:

Probably a good thing.   Him yelling out "No Filipino Love Songs" at the end of every score from the bands was endless.

That is funny :wink: