cookie47

Yes thats true Paddy, I was writing in generic mode. It funny how you get used to the generally slow speeds of PH. 

I remarked in a taxi to my wife the other day, gee were going at a rate. I looked across at the speedo and it was only 65ks.

(mind you it didn't last long).. 

• Like 1

SkyMan

Yeah, I risk a blow out with loss of control and end up splattered against a wall but at a top speed of maybe 5kph I'll risk it.  Might scalp part of the lawn though. Wouldn't be the first time.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Paddy
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Might scalp part of the lawn though

I wish it was lawn I was scalping. Every time they do new bridges in Masbate it seems I end up driving on very uneven dirt (rock filled) ramps. The number of times there has been a nasty scraping sound from underneath the car doesn’t bear thinking about!!

Public works here seem to think that every 4+ wheel vehicle is the same when it comes to ground clearance (ie., roughly equivalent to a 10ton dump truck!)

Jester
On 5/29/2019 at 12:13 AM, fred42 said:

Agree about for mowers only.
Do you mean the foam will degrade?
I suppose the tire it`s self could have a re cap if the tread is gone.. Could last forever!!

Caulk and foam is not structural will not carry much weight and brake down rather quickly.   Also needs air and moisture to cure, does not cure well in enclosed spaces.

to_dave007
3 hours ago, Paddy said:

I wish it was lawn I was scalping. Every time they do new bridges in Masbate it seems I end up driving on very uneven dirt (rock filled) ramps. The number of times there has been a nasty scraping sound from underneath the car doesn’t bear thinking about!!

Public works here seem to think that every 4+ wheel vehicle is the same when it comes to ground clearance (ie., roughly equivalent to a 10ton dump truck!)

It gets worse..  Was waiting my turn to pass a very rough one way section during some construction north of Tabuelan Cebu when a convoy of hot little race cars came the other way..  all VERY low to the ground.. took then damn near 30 minutes to get em all through the rough spot.

• Thanks 1

Paddy
14 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

It gets worse..  Was waiting my turn to pass a very rough one way section during some construction north of Tabuelan Cebu when a convoy of hot little race cars came the other way..  all VERY low to the ground.. took then damn near 30 minutes to get em all through the rough spot.

If I slow right down so a) i can see exactly which holes I'm going to hit and which I will miss and b) not scrape 'much" of the car, i will likely be rear-ended and/or passed (both sides) by motor cycles and or tricycles - and the odd 4 wheel vehicle too!

SkyMan
On 5/28/2019 at 9:52 PM, SkyMan said:

I have the slime stuff Woolf recommended on the way,  Worst case I have to keep pumping it before each mow until I replace the tire(s).

So I ordered the ZZ Racing tire sealant on Lazada from a seller in NCR on 28 May. Lazada is pretty fast and coming from NCR as opposed to China I figured less than a week for sure. Just got here this evening.  Some how it got handed over to some new delivery service, Entrego. Not a good first impression for me. I'll try it out tomorrow but I'm not getting a good feeling about it. The instructions say after squirting the stuff in the valve stem I need to..... "Clear the air inlet of the wreckage"  WTFO?

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

So  it seems to be working on the lawn mower tires.  After putting it in on June 15th I mowed the lawn and then mowed again yesterday without having to air the tires first.  So today I decided to put it in the rear tire of my bike but no success yet.  The valve stems on my bike have a much smaller opening below the valve.  When I try to add the sealant, a little goes in but then no more and I can't even get air in.  Seems the sealant is actually sealing the core.  I have to use a drill bit in my fingers to open the core back up.  Tomorrow I'll take the wheel off and go down to vulcanizer to just break the bead and spray the sealant in the hard way.  There's too much tread left on that tire (p14K ea) to change it out yet.

Edited by SkyMan