Sign in to follow this  
Jester

Overweight trick or no?

Jester
10 hours ago, RedRanger said:

I just put my wife on plane to Philippines, She had two bags.  We used the weight scales at American Airlines inside the airport where you can check your weight, after removing  some items and doing it again we got her weight right at 50 lbs on each check in luggage, it was a digital scale.

Walked 30 feet to check the bags and they were 1.5lbs heavier, they put them thru at no charge.

It is not a contest to see if you can get the bags to exactly 50 lbs.  There is no pass or fail if you are a bit under or a grand prize liked getting bumped up to 1st class if you nail the 50!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RedRanger
2 hours ago, Jester said:

It is not a contest to see if you can get the bags to exactly 50 lbs.  There is no pass or fail if you are a bit under or a grand prize liked getting bumped up to 1st class if you nail the 50!

My wife was going home this week, and wanted to take perfumes from like Victoria Secret to her relatives.  First bag weighed in at 68lb, and her other was pushing 60lb.  We  were playing how much does this weigh for about 15 minutes.  

Me I just got back from Philippines last week, I was there for 30 days, I had one carry on and a back pack carry on, I travel light

SkyMan
3 hours ago, Jester said:

True, but I do tend to bring quite a bit of stuff back from the US.  I keep a US shopping list on my phone and there isn't much now but when trip time rolls around I'll probably be adding things and the stuff I bring back is usually heavy.  Tools and stuff.  Next trip we'll be closer to building a hose so I imagine there will be electrical outlets and things like that.  Of course, if there is enough of that it may go in a BBBox.  When we go we each take a bag each and it's underweight.  Wife always wants to take a jacket for some reason.  Then while we're there we stop in at Goodwill's and Salvation Army stores to pick up a couple $5 bags good enough for the return flight.  And of course she has to get some clothes too.  On the return we have the full compliment and loaded to capacity.

• Like 1

Jester

Wife sends a couple BB box each year so all the excess goes into box.   Then she tries to load the #$%@^  checked baggage up to the limit also!  Plus a huge purse and backpack and a jacket.    PIA. 

• Like 1