SkyMan

Still waiting on car plates?

SkyMan

image.thumb.png.6bd93789aff2a6d64fa4bb6585a5a184.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

GBT62

yeah - I'll believe it when I have them in my hands. I read that this morning - and naturally used the online availability checker ...... and got a "Not Available" still .

Looking at the pic they used for the article ..... they print them on a very small production line and plate printer  :huh:

• Like 2

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, GBT62 said:

they print them on a very small production line and plate printer 

Yeah, what's that, like a dot matrix printer?  Should be no time at all to print out 1.7M pairs of plates.  No problem.

Edited by SkyMan

SkyMan

Now that I have my plates, does anyone know if I can scrape off that big yellow conduction permit sticker?

Paddy

When I got my car last August, the plate estimate was 2 years so I won’t be holding my breath. 

The initial registration was done in Naga so I will also wait until the dealer’s folks go up there for their next batch of paperwork!

The question about the conduction stickers is a good one. Personally, I don’t know why LTO didn’t say “as at x date, your conduction sticker number is your plate number. A plate must be y spec. Anyone can make a plate”. 

Goetz1965

Bought my new Mitsubishi December 2017 - no official plate.
They just printed the plate no on a paper and scotch taped it to the plastic holder.

Since then I have no plate.
About a year ago the rear paper got lost so I have nothing at the back.

I dont care it - I have conduction stickers and my OR/CR copy in the car.

If anytime someone complains my plate I just tell them to stop complaining me but that he/she should better call LTO and ask them where my plates are, instead of waisting my time !

SkyMan
29 minutes ago, Paddy said:

When I got my car last August, the plate estimate was 2 years so I won’t be holding my breath. 

6 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

Since then I have no plate.

Check the link and if it's available, message your dealer.

https://www.lto.net.ph/ltomvinquiryui

• Haha 1

towboat72

Just had Toyota install the plates.

Car is 27 months old,I'd like to see that rear sticker disappear also.

Paddy
8 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Check the link and if it's available, message your dealer.

I’m not that fussed really. I have temporary plates using the conduction sticker number. The PNP, Army, Comelec, Masbate and Mobo police all seem happy and say my car is “pogi”! 😄 or are surprised that I have a “made in Philippines” license. 

SkyMan
57 minutes ago, Paddy said:

A plate must be y spec. Anyone can make a plate”.

What is Y spec?  Way back when I first registered my bike, they gave me the plate but it didn't fit the US spec Chrome LED lit frame I had brought for it so I went to SM Cebu and there was a kiosk that made, among other things, plastic replica plates.  So I had them make a plate for me in US dimensions with the Rizal Memorial background and the motto in Cebuano instead of Tagalog.  Then it was like p50 for an Affidavit of Improvised Plate which I carry with  me and provide a copy when I renew the rego.

Paddy

X date, Y spec. X and Y as in unknown variables...

• Like 1

GBT62
1 hour ago, Paddy said:

I’m not that fussed really. I have temporary plates using the conduction sticker number.

agree but ...... according to recent postings in Cebu Road Heroes group - they are threatening a fine (2000 or so PHP I think it was) if you haven't affixed the correct plate when it is available.

Of course - Manila seems to be the only area they do much in the way of widespread campaigns of enforcement ...

• Like 1

BossHog

We got five vehicles. We just get a guy to print some heavy-duty stickers and he puts them over the temp plates.

May not be strictly kosher, but hey it works.

SkyMan
31 minutes ago, BossHog said:

We got five vehicles. We just get a guy to print some heavy-duty stickers and he puts them over the temp plates.

May not be strictly kosher, but hey it works.

The thin plastic temp plate with the Conduction Permit # broke off on the front, Probably caught no some scooter squeezing in between us and the vehicle in front.  So I went to a printer and got an outdoor sticker made.  Similar size and put the Lilo-an seal on one side and some palm trees on the other and then Live, Love, Lilo-an across the top and "For Registration across the bottom.  I think it was about p20.  Got the real plates a month later.

• Like 1

Paddy

So, I dug out my MV File Number yesterday evening and checked. “Not Available”. 

If the precise wording of the article in the op is correct, then the look up app doesn’t look at live vehicle registration data - or - the plate making app doesn’t talk directly to the live vehicle registration data. Having picked up my plastic license recently and seen how that data is managed, neither of those two scenarios would surprise me!

Of course, I would also not be surprised if the article itself was a little inaccurate!😄 Perhaps the real situation is that they’ve started on the 1.7M plates but haven’t made it to Aug 2018 yet (time, machine breakdown, supplies out of stock etc). I could even believe it if some bright spark decided to print all the front plates, then all the back plates....

• Haha 1