JohnSurrey

Form SSS-E1

JohnSurrey

My wife wants to apply for an SSS no ... 

She just wants to be a voluntary member so, as I understand it, she needs to fill in Form SSS-E1 and return it to the local office in order to proceed...

I tried to do it online but I get stuck when it asks for my details (SSS no of actively paying husband - I don't have an sss no etc)....

So I've downloaded the form SSS-E1 but again I can see on the form they are asking for the same information.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Jawny

I had the understanding that a voluntary member had to have a spouse as a paying member.  If there is a nearby SSS office, they may be able to provide registration details.  

• Like 1

JohnSurrey
1 hour ago, Jawny said:

I had the understanding that a voluntary member had to have a spouse as a paying member.  If there is a nearby SSS office, they may be able to provide registration details.  

That maybe right... but I cannot help feeling there must be a way round that - what if the husband has done a runner and she's on her own etc...

SkyMan

My wife just went in and took care of it at the SSS office by herself but that about 9 years ago.

• Like 1

Dafey
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

My wife just went in and took care of it at the SSS office by herself but that about 9 years ago.

Same with my wife. She chooses how much to pay and can change it. I think she just claims 'self employed'.

• Like 1

JohnSurrey
7 hours ago, Dafey said:

Same with my wife. She chooses how much to pay and can change it. I think she just claims 'self employed'.

Yes I think that's probably the way they do it

SkyMan
13 hours ago, Dafey said:

My wife is voluntary and caretaker is self-employed but the last time I paid (for the year) they both came up the same and I asked about it.  I think they said one of the 2 categories  went away. Forget which though.

SkyMan

I used to pay them monthly via online banking but SSS decided to stop accepting that so I paid through WU and they charged p8 per tranx so I paid a year at a time but last time I was there at WU they needed some gov't tranx number so I had to go to the Lacion SM gov't red tape office to get the forms and then another office to pay but no charge.  I still did a year though to avoid the trip to the red tape office.