Thalcoozyo

NAIA Terminal 1 - hotel?

Thalcoozyo

This year we fly into Cebu, but depart from NAIA terminal 1. We never fly in/out of Manila, so are ignorant of what we're getting ourselves into.

We need a decent hotel for the night prior to our 10:00 am departure on Japan Airlines.  JAL departs from T1.

Google maps shows me many nice hotels, in a variety of prices, but they are all over by T3.

So my question is:  if staying at the hotels close to T3 (Sheraton, Hilton, Holiday Inn Express) what are we going to face in getting to T1 at about 7:30 am on a Monday?

Is this a 15 mins shuttle ride?  1.5 hours? 

Or does anyone have a better idea for decent hotels close to T1?

Thanks! 

• Like 2

Paddy

My personal strategy for Manila arrivals and departures is to use Hotel Jen (on Roxas Blvd opposite the Cultural Center of the Philippines) and its airport car service (other decent hotels will have similar). The cars are provided by Avis and I have found the drivers competent and with sufficient English (not always the case with cab drivers)  

A 7am ish trip to the airport would probably be 15-30 mins

There are many hotels in the Mall of Asia area (close to Hotel Jen) which may also be suitable. 

In years gone by I actually used the Manila Airport Hotel - which was walking distance from T1 - basically opposite the terminal - but did provide a free shuttle. If that hotel is still going, and you routinely stay in Sheratons etc., you probably wouldn’t like it!😀

• Like 1

GwapoGuy

Like Paddy, I have my own personal strategy but that probably wouldn't suit you. There is an interterminal shuttle within NAIA. So take the free Resorts World shuttle to one of their three hotel offerings across from T3.

• Like 1

Paddy

Just to add a bit...

The reason I use the Hotel Jen car service is a)  Hotel Jen is part of the Shangri-la group and the transport rep (at any of the terminals) is really easy to spot in his red jacket/vest  B) I’m usually on my way to the hotel within 5 to 10 minutes of walking out of the baggage hall c) going to the airport is usually a well organized door to door service d) you can have a sensible discussion with the Avis rep at the hotel regarding timings (they are normally conservative)

I’ve taken yellow cabs, white cabs and one hotel shuttle. The car service is infinitely more comfortable and convenient. 

I used Asia Miles to stay at the Pan Pacific one time. I also used their car service - but their rep at the airport was not so easy to track down (because he was dressed like everyone else...)

streak03
Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Hotel Jen is ok, the executive club is very nice with great views of the bumper to bumper traffic lol.  The wife doesn't really like the hotel because she says it smells like mildew and mold and makes her sneeze.  For the last couple of years we stay either the Conrad near MOA or the Holiday Inn Makati, which is over Glorietta mall.  For ease of getting to and from the airport, Conrad is pretty much my go to place.

Edited by streak03
Added