bounder

ECC - Exit Certification

bounder

So, I haven't left the country in awhile and was wondering if you could still get your ECC processed in one day at J Mall?  I am on a tourist visa and thought I read somewhere some time ago, if you were in-country less than a year that you could get the ECC processed at the MacTan airport?  The other articles on this forum go back quite away and, there being constant changes to the BI regulations, that is the reason for my present inquiry.

Woolf
Posted (edited)

Do you have a valid ACR-I card ??

I have not heard/seen of any changes

If less than 1 year in ph and less than 24 hours until flights leave, then ECC tourist can be done at airport

I will recommend that it is done at an immigration office (for Cebu it is at the j-mall only)

I ECC only once at j-mall took about 2 hours, but that is 2 years ago

Edited by Woolf
  • Thanks 1

savarity

If you're on a tourist visa, you can do the ecc at the airport if;

1. You haven't been in the Philippines over a year.

2. You have a SSRN number on your ACR card (in other words they've taken your biometrics at some point).

3. Your flight leaves within 24 hours.

Also, if you've been in the Philippines for less than six months, you don't need an ECC to leave.

Over 12 months, you must get the ecc at an immigration office.

Earlier this year, they were having problems with their biometrics machine at jcentre. So they were having people; fill out the form at jcentre, go to Mactan to do the biometrics, then come back to jcentre to complete the process. Don't know if things have been fixed yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woolf
Posted (edited)

I have been informed that it has been fixed 

someone had bio taken mar 13,  2019

Edited by Woolf
  • Thanks 1

bounder

Thank you all for your rapid replies.  It is truly appreciated. 

to_dave007

Can't remember when you came back after last trip.. but if you are leaving before 6 months in-country then you do not need ECC at all.  Did this rule change?

Woolf
47 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Can't remember when you came back after last trip.. but if you are leaving before 6 months in-country then you do not need ECC at all.  Did this rule change?

no

Lordblacknail

does this apply to acr-1 holders? (13A)

SkyMan
29 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

does this apply to acr-1 holders? (13A)

ECC-B for 13As must be done at the airport unless you do not plan to return.

Lordblacknail

and if i dont plan to return?

Woolf
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

and if i dont plan to return?

I think that your question was answered in this thread   (started by you)

https://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/112925-traveling-to-the-usa/?tab=comments#comment-1540437

??

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

Lordblacknail

No, it really wasn't. I am not planing to discuss if I am coming back, but we have one way tickets. You never know what the future will bring, so I don't want to give up my 13A card. I would rather pay the tax and keep the card. But, if they are not going to let me out on a one way ticket, I might have to rethink it.

Woolf
24 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

No, it really wasn't. I am not planing to discuss if I am coming back, but we have one way tickets. You never know what the future will bring, so I don't want to give up my 13A card. I would rather pay the tax and keep the card. But, if they are not going to let me out on a one way ticket, I might have to rethink it.

What about the yearly report ??

As far as I know if you arrive in PH and you did not do the yearly report you will be given a 30 tourist visa waiver, then have some short time to go to immigration office and do it

if you arrive with your wife  I do not know if you can get a BB ??

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

If you want to keep your 13A the ECC-B must be done at the airport regardless of type of ticket.  Costs about p2880, You also pay TT p1620 and term fee of p850 unless included in your ticket.

Edited by SkyMan

Woolf
Just now, SkyMan said:

and term fee of p85

I am sure its a typo,  its 850p

• Thanks 1