Jump to content
rfm010

Camiguin

Recommended Posts

GwapoGuy
On 5/20/2019 at 3:47 AM, rfm010 said:

any good diving to be done?  in this regard it is for my daughter only.  she is qualified for deep water stuff but she would like to stay fairly shallow to have more water time.  anything of that sort near white beach that could be done while the rest of us are on the beach?  or any other places that are good? 

any other good beaches with decent snorkeling?

Mantigue Island

This is the place to go for scuba diving/snorkeling located near where the CDO ferry lands in Benoni. Great for your daughter since there is a nice beach where you can shore dive. Lots of shade trees where you can rent picnic tables and grills. There are actually some inhabitants that call Mantigue home. The boat out to the island and back is now a fixed price set by the tourism council.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
11 hours ago, oztony said:

Looks like the consensus here is that there are far more worthy places to visit than Camiguin ... and you have to appreciate the honesty of the people giving their opinions , to be honest after reading what others have had to say here I would not bother setting foot onto the place. 

honest opinions very much appreciated and why i asked here even though i could go to trip advisor and such.  the folks living here know enough about what to expect and will tell you when things are bad.  or good.   am very thankful for all the comments so far.  will probably have to do a trip report later.

as to why we are going there, the driving force is the chance to see relatives in cdo and since we are there, why not check out camiguin.  or so the theory goes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
10 hours ago, GwapoGuy said:

Casa Roca

One of the best restaurants on the island, I highly recommend this place. Owned by a Fil/Can couple. It is located 15 minutes west of Yumbing perched on a cliff with marvelous views. 

well, you may have sold me with this one.  but is the person a real canadian of scottish blood or one of those fake quebec types or left coasters?  not to give any hints of my own heritage mind you.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwapoGuy
Posted (edited)

He is a Newfie but migrated westward early on as many do. :cool:

Are you going to take a Van to Camiguin?

Edited by GwapoGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
12 minutes ago, GwapoGuy said:

He is a Newfie but migrated westward early on as many do. :cool:

Are you going to take a Van to Camiguin?

a newfie migrating west, puts him in ontario where he belongs.   and newfoundland and the far east is on my bucket list so he's good.   although it seems he went really west and then a strong left to get where he is.

relatives are providing a van up to the balingoan port, then we ferry to benoni, then i have no idea how we'll get around.  lots of bahala na at the moment.  

do you know of any rentals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BossHog
10 hours ago, rfm010 said:

why not check out camiguin

We've been to Camiguin twice for a week or so each time although the most recent trip was 15 years ago. We found it easy to get around with a group in a hire van. The waterfall we found pretty cool although with the recent dry weather not sure how impressive it'll be. Other rewarding spots were the cold and hot springs.

There's some decent wildlife to be seen with several species endemic to Camiguin. Keep an eye out for the Camiguin Hanging Parrot. There also seem to be a lot more flowers around then other islands we've visited.

I agree with a lot posted though. Stay out of the little towns, the sand bar is very over-rated. Best to stick eating at a decent resort and focus on the inland natural attractions.

I reckon going in with lowered expectations (courtesy of this topic) you will be pleasantly surprised. Have a fun weekend!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwapoGuy
On 5/21/2019 at 9:25 AM, rfm010 said:

a newfie migrating west, puts him in ontario where he belongs.   and newfoundland and the far east is on my bucket list so he's good.   although it seems he went really west and then a strong left to get where he is.

relatives are providing a van up to the balingoan port, then we ferry to benoni, then i have no idea how we'll get around.  lots of bahala na at the moment.  

do you know of any rentals?

Vancouver is where he spent some time!

There is a great van service you catch at the Gaisano Mall parking lot there in CDO. Van to Balingoan, van drives onto the ferry. Once in Benoni, van drops you at your hotel.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Camiguin

Ya 15 yars,ago ya only we day ago hahahahaha no mulch changed much many pick da pockets people's n freiked people's wearing de pilla cover on heads scare childrens, beautiful Moslems love yo to death hahahahaha 27 virgin's later haha sell de DVD 2 yu, in market no pirate  all gooda, DVD make in house down behind airport,  so all legal ya ?, upside downs parrots now ride n rella n motorbikes all bloody da parrots beep beep beep same gawk gawk gawk, yep comea, looke water falls no water maybees, get people's piss in mountains n river then take um pictures water falling,  but yu no matter me say terrible places here it beautiful  rockets on beaches no no rocks on bloody beach, sexy girls look atm cards no matter u is old fat or walking around deads, all same same this girl's love yu all her big heart, justa, brings lotsa, cash or da atm card wit loads money, ok ? U money love yu long time, no money love yu short time, but I still love yu long or short same same, ok yu havea, me honestly opition look outs 4 de crazies de Swiss cooko clocks, de crazy italianos, crazy mericanos, crazy bustards, everywhere here, no ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Camiguin
On 5/22/2019 at 7:13 AM, BossHog said:

We've been to Camiguin twice for a week or so each time although the most recent trip was 15 years ago. We found it easy to get around with a group in a hire van. The waterfall we found pretty cool although with the recent dry weather not sure how impressive it'll be. Other rewarding spots were the cold and hot springs.

There's some decent wildlife to be seen with several species endemic to Camiguin. Keep an eye out for the Camiguin Hanging Parrot. There also seem to be a lot more flowers around then other islands we've visited.

I agree with a lot posted though. Stay out of the little towns, the sand bar is very over-rated. Best to stick eating at a decent resort and focus on the inland natural attractions.

I reckon going in with lowered expectations (courtesy of this topic) you will be pleasantly surprised. Have a fun weekend!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwapoGuy
On 5/21/2019 at 9:25 AM, rfm010 said:

 do you know of any rentals?

There are motorcycle rentals but if you have a bigger group, you can hire a tourist jeep. No taxis on the island and jeepneys are few and far between. You should be able to catch one into town then onto Yumbing. Motorellas can accommodate six or so and are color coded as to where they run. Bargain hard if you  use any form of transportation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
13 hours ago, GwapoGuy said:

There are motorcycle rentals but if you have a bigger group, you can hire a tourist jeep. No taxis on the island and jeepneys are few and far between. You should be able to catch one into town then onto Yumbing. Motorellas can accommodate six or so and are color coded as to where they run. Bargain hard if you  use any form of transportation.

Thanks for that.  I do believe the trip planners are expecting transport to be readily available.  Seems like we will need to think harder on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010

Ha!  We leave early tomorrow but already off to a good start.  Printed up the ticket and noticed the 20 kg checkin allowance is good only for the flight to cdo.  No checkin allowance for return trip.  Bro inlaw who bought the tickets said it was a promo deal, wanted to save money.   Will have to buy a bag for return but still some last minute rearranging to do fitting all in one bag.   Well at least i caught it in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Camiguin
On 5/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, rfm010 said:

Ha!  We leave early tomorrow but already off to a good start.  Printed up the ticket and noticed the 20 kg checkin allowance is good only for the flight to cdo.  No checkin allowance for return trip.  Bro inlaw who bought the tickets said it was a promo deal, wanted to save money.   Will have to buy a bag for return but still some last minute rearranging to do fitting all in one bag.   Well at least i caught it in time.

Ya yu havea goods times on Camiguin?  Swim wit fish's laid th rocks get a bumtan hahahahaha me a Betts yu not a comes back hers no more hah 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
17 hours ago, Captain Camiguin said:

...me a Betts yu not a comes back hers no more hah 

Not if it means having to pass through cdo again!   A trip review is due, need to clear some time for it soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedRanger

 I went to Camigiun a few years ago, really enjoyed the place.  It was me and a chick from Davao city, I rented two motorbikes for like 4 days, seems like I paid 400 peso each for 24 hour rental.

We drove all over the island, I enjoyed going up to the Volcano observatory, pretty cool ride up there.  We went to many of the numerous spring there that were both hot and cold and chilled out. Enjoyed that as well.

Did the White Island, We took a pump boat and had about 10 people on it, it was a pretty cool view looking back on the main island.

Overall it was a pretty good trip, and I would go back in heartbeat.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..